Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm migrating from a really old build of clover to your OpenCore setup, but am running into a kernel panic right when I select macOS from the boot menu. Did you happen to encounter this as well? Am using the latest version I cloned from your repo.

Never mind, I needed to do a complete reinstall of macOS

Hello all, repo has been updated with OC 0.6.0 and newest kexts.

If you are updating manually, please note that AirportBrcmFixup has changes that impact the config.plist (you'll lose wifi if not configured properly)

Since I haven't done a thorough review on the config.plist file, please let me know if there's any config that you might find useful for us (other than opencanopy)

Hello zacmks, i need some help with your OC config.the problem is that the USB-C is work for me when it pluged before boot;but the internal sceen is black, and the external is working.
usually before update the config, i could close up the laptop and just use external screen ,the internal screen will be closed,and when i open up the laptop,the internal is working and not be black.
but the newest config seems dont close the internal and always black.btw,the internal is black with light.
Wait for your reply and thank you.

Update:after unlock cfg, it working now.

Last edited:
Hello zacmks, i need some help with your OC config.the problem is that the USB-C is work for me when it pluged before boot;but the internal sceen is black, and the external is working.
usually before update the config, i could close up the laptop and just use external screen ,the internal screen will be closed,and when i open up the laptop,the internal is working and not be black.
but the newest config seems dont close the internal and always black.btw,the internal is black with light.
Wait for your reply and thank you.

Update:after unlock cfg, it working now.

Nice to hear (see), are your offsets for the BIOS unlock and CFG unlock the same? (0xA12 and 0x5A4)

Sometimes when the internal screen goes black on boot, here's what I do:

1- Go to "System Preferences" -> "Display"
2- On displays settings, select the "Arrangement tab"
3- Click on "Mirror Displays checkbox" twice (first time will make the internal screen to work, second time will set the config to normal, or what you are used to)

Thank you thank you @Bandysc, touchpad did work. And it's working really well (it's locking the cursor whenever I do gestures).

But I used the kext from here:

When I tried the kext from your latest release, it didn't work. Should it be related to outdated binary?
I should try to compile by myself and see what might be hapenning.

Again, thank you very much!

Also, for the folks, using the repo. I updated it with BAndysc touchpad drivers, and proper mention of course

Hello all, I haven't noticed that it's been soo much time that I did my latest release on the repo.
As there might be a few users that rely on the release files, I think it's time to do it.

Thus, releasing v2.3.0 for everyone:

What do you want to see for next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back