Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @zacmks, I fixed the backlight issue by changing HibernateMode to 3. I think normal Opencore would also work. Also I just included AppleBacklightFixup.kext and added to config.plist. However, the issue is that I can't control brightness anymore. I suspect BacklightFixup is the culprit here. I'm digging around for a soft fix atm.

DP and HDMI is hard wired to NVIDIA, there is nothing I can do. However I got a USBC cable to connect to my monitor and it works out of the box. So your inspection is confirmed. I just disable NVIDIA to improve battery life. I'm working on an IntelHDA fix for monitor audio, waiting on my wifi card and then I think we should be good to go.

P/S: i just reference the whole article by headkaze (absolute mad lad) to open bios =))

Niceee, thank you @aazasdass! Will give it a try after finishing some things on my side too
It's great to have some nice feedback from members :D

@Qiang, maybe this would help open your bios (I suppose it should be the same article as aazasdass said)

Also, I do suggest you to try the BIOS to your own laptop model. Even the versions being similar, there could be some internal differences. As the model are not the same

Hmm it should be able to do the same. Did you change your setup_var yet? they locked BIOS by default. I recommend to flash the bios again then change setup_var. If you still have problem just remove secure boot and reset NVRAM.
Thanks. I changed the version of flash programming tools to v12 r19 and it finally worked. But I am still confused with the black screen issue. I find you guys say that the screen will come back after 3 minutes when booting, but mine does not and it happens sometimes instead of constantly. And I tried your method from your github, the screen froze at booting with a white apple logo. I just do not know what to do. Haha

Niceee, thank you @aazasdass! Will give it a try after finishing some things on my side too
It's great to have some nice feedback from members :D

@Qiang, maybe this would help open your bios (I suppose it should be the same article as aazasdass said)

Also, I do suggest you to try the BIOS to your own laptop model. Even the versions being similar, there could be some internal differences. As the model are not the same
Thanks. Finally I successfully unlocked my bios too. And still hope you and @aazasdass can fix those Problem and post your methods here. Hahah. I wish I could help, but there is nothing I can help except try your methods. Sorry for that.

Hi @zacmks, I haven't tried the updated patches yet, however, I was seemingly found a fix to this problem. I will link the repo I just created to address the problem. However, it involves BIOS patches so I'm not sure whether people will feel comfortable trying it. However, I will include it anyway. Thank you for your help. This is link to the github i created
Hi aazasdass, I tried to minimize the size of SSDTs and kept a few ones in patches. Accidentally the blackscreen issue never happens so far. Don't know whether this helps. This is which ones I chose to kept.

Attachments

• WechatIMG3.jpeg
    WechatIMG3.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 119
Hi aazasdass, I tried to minimize the size of SSDTs and kept a few ones in patches. Accidentally the black screen issue never happens so far. Don't know whether this helps. This is which ones I chose to kept.
Interesting approach, I will give it a try myself. It could be some of the deprecated SSDTs patches that could cause the problem. In addition to that, you don't have to use ssdt that disable DGPU since you can just disable dGPU with -wegnogpu with the recent WEG update.

Interesting approach, I will give it a try myself. It could be some of the deprecated SSDTs patches that could cause the problem. In addition to that, you don't have to use ssdt that disable DGPU since you can just disable dGPU with -wegnogpu with the recent WEG update.
Hey. I bring a good news! I tried every single SSDT on my PC and I found that it was SSDT-PNLF.aml that cause my black booting problem. Just delete it and enjoy your perfect Hackintosh without dark screen! Please tell me if yours works too. One more question, does your trackpad work perfectly? Support each multi finger move?

Oh yes, just there's one thing in regards of this. If we disable the dGPU, the "hotplug" for graphics stops working.
Meaning, if you start the laptop disabling the dGPU (using weg or the dsdt). You cannot just plug an external monitor (even using USB-C).
If you start the machine with it plugged it does work. This is an interesting behaviour

Oh yes, just there's one thing in regards of this. If we disable the dGPU, the "hotplug" for graphics stops working.
Meaning, if you start the laptop disabling the dGPU (using weg or the dsdt). You cannot just plug an external monitor (even using USB-C).
If you start the machine with it plugged it does work. This is an interesting behaviour
I noticed one behavior. When you "hotplug" your monitor half way through the apple it will magically turn on the external display. However, thing is getting a little bit buggy at the moment. I'm testing around for a permanent fix for thunderbolt 3 hotplug.

Hi @zacmks, I hope you are safe in the midst of the things happening around the world. Since everything is so crazy right now I have a chance to update and working on the hackintosh. Some few notes
- Updated to the latest OpenCore, Mojave works fine. I finally fix the black screen problem permanently by not completely disable the 1060. I think it is a Gigabyte thing that they link the graphics card somehow to the display so i just let it idle. However, after some testing the impact on the battery is not such a big difference in return of a more pleasant experience.
- I was previously able to enable audio via USB-C to DisplayPort to my monitor. However after upgrading it seems that is not the case anymore. Please echo me if you also have the same experience.
- I was completely able to disable thunderbolt 3 via some tweaks in the BIOS. In addition to that unlock MSR and do bunch of patch when updating to the new version of OpenCore.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hello,

Actually trying to install OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on a Gigabyte Aero 15X.
Preparing USB with Clover and attachments files: Check
Create a FAT32 Partition from Windows 10 on the same SSD : Check
Make the install of OSX, partition formatted as APFS : Check
After re-boot installation ending : non check.

I'm not an expert, what's happened ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back