Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @zacmks, I just have a quick question whether you're able to make it work when connecting from DP port to a monitor?

In addition to this question, I'm having weird problem logining into mojave. So for the first time I worked perfectly fine. HOwever, after reboot, after choosing mojave from opencore it flashed the apple logo for 1 second, then the screen went black. However, the backlight of the keyboard is still on and I can still type my password. After typing my password with the black screen, I can here the cling sound feedback from modifier key and after 5 minutes the screen came back. Tho it resets all my keyboard settings tho. I would very appreciate if you can help me with this. I have been dugging around with opencore for the last 3 days and couldn't found the problem.

Heyy, in regards of the black screen. Cloud you test the following SSDT patch?
Just copy it to your ACPI folder.
Also, if you are using OpenCore, remember to add and enable it on your ACPI patches on config.plist

And I kindly ask you for a feedback on how it goes, if you test it. Thank you!

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml
    125 bytes · Views: 118
Hi @zacmks, I just have a quesiton on the touchpad. Is yours working perfectly? Mine does not support multi-touch perfectly such as the three fingers to swap between fullscreen apps.

Heyy, in regards of the black screen. Cloud you test the following SSDT patch?
Just copy it to your ACPI folder.
Also, if you are using OpenCore, remember to add and enable it on your ACPI patches on config.plist

And I kindly ask you for a feedback on how it goes, if you test it. Thank you!
I tried. It seems not work. I still have this issue.

Hi @zacmks, I haven't tried the updated patches yet, however, I was seemingly found a fix to this problem. I will link the repo I just created to address the problem. However, it involves BIOS patches so I'm not sure whether people will feel comfortable trying it. However, I will include it anyway. Thank you for your help. This is link to the github i created

Hi @zacmks, I haven't tried the updated patches yet, however, I was seemingly found a fix to this problem. I will link the repo I just created to address the problem. However, it involves BIOS patches so I'm not sure whether people will feel comfortable trying it. However, I will include it anyway. Thank you for your help. This is link to the github i created
I tried to flash my bios but I was stuck at the first step. Error 621: Unsupported hardware platform. HW: Cannonlake Platform. Supported HW: Cometlake Platform.

I tried to flash my bios but I was stuck at the first step. Error 621: Unsupported hardware platform. HW: Cannonlake Platform. Supported HW: Cometlake Platform.
What is your bios version? It should be FB0A

Attachments

• d593d325e6283d89a603d7094f1ce93.jpg
    d593d325e6283d89a603d7094f1ce93.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 96

Ohhh nicee @aazasdass! You mean the screen issue or the dp port issue?
Also, what settings did you change?

I have unlocked bios too :D. Just haven't had much time to add this here =/
Looking at your repo, I think it's the same method to unlock the bios that I used hahaha
I used it to make thunderbolt hot pluggable

Ohhh nicee @aazasdass! You mean the screen issue or the dp port issue?
Also, what settings did you change?

I have unlocked bios too :D. Just haven't had much time to add this here =/
Looking at your repo, I think it's the same method to unlock the bios that I used hahaha
I used it to make thunderbolt hot pluggable
Hi @zacmks, I fixed the backlight issue by changing HibernateMode to 3. I think normal Opencore would also work. Also I just included AppleBacklightFixup.kext and added to config.plist. However, the issue is that I can't control brightness anymore. I suspect BacklightFixup is the culprit here. I'm digging around for a soft fix atm.

DP and HDMI is hard wired to NVIDIA, there is nothing I can do. However I got a USBC cable to connect to my monitor and it works out of the box. So your inspection is confirmed. I just disable NVIDIA to improve battery life. I'm working on an IntelHDA fix for monitor audio, waiting on my wifi card and then I think we should be good to go.

P/S: i just reference the whole article by headkaze (absolute mad lad) to open bios =))

Yes, it's FB0A.
Hmm it should be able to do the same. Did you change your setup_var yet? they locked BIOS by default. I recommend to flash the bios again then change setup_var. If you still have problem just remove secure boot and reset NVRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back