Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Not sure if you've resolved this, but my guess is that you're installer was a fresh 17G65? I had the same issue when using that version. I don't think 17G65 will allow you a MacBook pro 15,1 SMBIOS.

Aside from the SMBIOS issue, I have the intel 630 reporting as 7mb and have no sound.

I managed to get a 17G2112 installer and now my system accepts the MBP 15,1 SMBIOS setting. Still no sound and still have intel630 reporting only 7mb. But this install has now also allowed me to download 17G2208 (using the installinstallmacos.py script) will be doing a fresh install from this version now. Hoping issues will be easier to resolve when using same builds as zacmks

It cannot be the 17G65 version, 17G2112 or 17G2208 should be fine.
From what you reported, looks like you need some WhateverGreen setup.

There's a good thread on this:

Hi everyone I have question regarding mojave apfs and high sierra hfs on the same ssd. I was manage to install mojave on apfs and it working perfect, and I partitioned ssd for another high sierra and was able to install it with the clover configuration for iMac 18,1 it did in five me to install as macbook pro15,1.
But on this ssd I have just one clover bootloader so when I transfer configuration to high sierra to ssd efi, mojave don't boot again, so I open high sierra verr long boot and put Wii files from mojave back to editing ssd and mojave running normal but high sierra give me messages that I cannot install on this platform the 15,1 macbook pro configuration.
Is there any way to set to diferent clover bootloader with separate configuration for each volume
Thank in advance

hi, i found i a problem that is the platform-id has some small problem.
the platform-id that in ur EFI can't use type-c to DP adaptor for 4K monitor.
it's set a wrong connector type that is HDMI.but the 4k@60Hz resolution can't be used by HDMI.
so i changed the platform-id to 0x3e9b0009h. and everything is working now.
maybe u should change the EFI reps? or i fork the reps and pull request in github?

Last edited:
Hi. Not sure if you've resolved this, but my guess is that you're installer was a fresh 17G65? I had the same issue when using that version. I don't think 17G65 will allow you a MacBook pro 15,1 SMBIOS.

Aside from the SMBIOS issue, I have the intel 630 reporting as 7mb and have no sound.

I managed to get a 17G2112 installer and now my system accepts the MBP 15,1 SMBIOS setting. Still no sound and still have intel630 reporting only 7mb. But this install has now also allowed me to download 17G2208 (using the installinstallmacos.py script) will be doing a fresh install from this version now. Hoping issues will be easier to resolve when using same builds as zacmks
Hello can you please what day 17G2112 was reales so I will try to find it in her

Thanks in advance?

Hello can you please what day 17G2112 was reales so I will try to find it in her

Thanks in advance?

You can try to use the mac admin scripts to download the four number version, here:

I think it's the installinstallmacos.py script. It should give you some compatible versions to download

hi, i found i a problem that is the platform-id has some small problem.
the platform-id that in ur EFI can't use type-c to DP adaptor for 4K monitor.
it's set a wrong connector type that is HDMI.but the 4k@60Hz resolution can't be used by HDMI.
so i changed the platform-id to 0x3e9b0009h. and everything is working now.
maybe u should change the EFI reps? or i fork the reps and pull request in github?

I don't have type-c to DP, so I was not able to test it. Thanks for the info!
Fork + PR should be good.

Exams are over, updated to catalina and everything seems to be working fine. Updated my repo. I'm not on iOS 13 so I don't use sidecar.

For all those that follow this thread, I added macOS 10.15 Catalina support. As per community feedback:

Also, I dropped the support for High Sierra (as the WiFi/Bluetooth kexts are slight different compared to newer versions of macOS). Btw, I should deprecated this thread and create another one on Mojave/Catalina section in near future..

Thank you all!

For all those that follow this thread, I added macOS 10.15 Catalina support. As per community feedback:

Also, I dropped the support for High Sierra (as the WiFi/Bluetooth kexts are slight different compared to newer versions of macOS). Btw, I should deprecated this thread and create another one on Mojave/Catalina section in near future..

Thank you all!
HiZack

Thanks for your work, can you share little light how to install kext to L/E in Catalina?
Siden system is protected?
Best regrads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back