Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for info.
I also have issue with nvram and Bluetooth, I mess little in terminal when want to avoid hfs+ to apsf and now drive is in apsf, direct after first booth from SSD o get Bluetooth working although I don't replace WiFi card ,but no WiFi is gone.
I try to nvram -c but get error.
Is it normal that there coming different malfunction and how to avoid it?
Thanks in advance.
The good issue is at I don't experience 3 minut black screen on boot ,system loading quite fast.

In regards of the bluetooth, it might be related to how you are using BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Just a guess, no problem reporting files attached.

If you are in Mojave, you cannot have it with hfs+ with same handy method as High Sierra.

For Mojave you have to patch the installer, but we can't post this on this forum - jfyi I did it and it worked for me.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for replay and for your work. I just begging to learn this Os and I must say it is quite nice , different then Windows.

Thanks for this project. I'm new to all this, but your Github has really gotten me moving. I have Windows on my primary SSD and got a Samsung 970 EVO for my attempts at getting this hackintosh up. (installed in 2nd m.2 slot)

I successfully installed high sierra and was able to get to my first bootups and loaded in your June16 EFI files. Generally usable except for screen tearing and my sound not yet working.

Then I saw your Sept10 update and decided to overwrite the my EFI/clover folder. To my shock, i couldnt see the option to boot into my hackintosh at the clover screen. only the windows EFI drive was showing.

SO i quickly booted again from my USB installer into the Hackintosh drive and re-copied the June16 files. Things looking as they were.

Did i miss something in my copy procedure? i'd like to be able to use your latest files and hope some of my issues are addressed by it.

Thanks for this project. I'm new to all this, but your Github has really gotten me moving. I have Windows on my primary SSD and got a Samsung 970 EVO for my attempts at getting this hackintosh up. (installed in 2nd m.2 slot)

I successfully installed high sierra and was able to get to my first bootups and loaded in your June16 EFI files. Generally usable except for screen tearing and my sound not yet working.

Then I saw your Sept10 update and decided to overwrite the my EFI/clover folder. To my shock, i couldnt see the option to boot into my hackintosh at the clover screen. only the windows EFI drive was showing.

SO i quickly booted again from my USB installer into the Hackintosh drive and re-copied the June16 files. Things looking as they were.

Did i miss something in my copy procedure? i'd like to be able to use your latest files and hope some of my issues are addressed by it.

Interesting, did you copy 'over' the efi partition when you tried to update?
Clover had some changes such as UEFI drivers folder location change on the latest versions.
From /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
Need to remove the older ones so that they do not conflict

yeah. I noticed the directory changes and removed the old ones. It was a full replace copy of the clover directory.

You mentioned an update in clover. Noob question: do I need to install/update clover EFI onto my SSD or something?

FYI: I started my fresh install from unibeast. (No multibeast) and made my SSD bootable by copying the EFI that was on my USB drive.

Last edited:
Interesting, did you copy 'over' the efi partition when you tried to update?
Clover had some changes such as UEFI drivers folder location change on the latest versions.
From /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
Need to remove the older ones so that they do not conflict
I found out what was the problem with updated ,after come back home i was succesfull updated Mojave on my home network.
Thank again

hello everyone i have question is there any other wifi replacement instead of Broadcom BCM94352Z for Aero 15xv8, that will working also with windows bcz this wifi card is not available in amazon or ebay, i cant find it?
thanks in advance

hello everyone i have question is there any other wifi replacement instead of Broadcom BCM94352Z for Aero 15xv8, that will working also with windows bcz this wifi card is not available in amazon or ebay, i cant find it?
thanks in advance

Dell DW1830, looks like it should work better:

Dell DW1830, looks like it should work better:
Ok thanks for info its on its way now.
Any members of forum have it dw1830 installed on aero and can share theirs experience about this card worki ng on both MAC os and Windows?
Thank

I copied your CLOVER folder to mine, booted it, but I need to change the SMBIOS to iMac18,2 every time for it to boot? how is that
Hi. Not sure if you've resolved this, but my guess is that you're installer was a fresh 17G65? I had the same issue when using that version. I don't think 17G65 will allow you a MacBook pro 15,1 SMBIOS.

Aside from the SMBIOS issue, I have the intel 630 reporting as 7mb and have no sound.

I managed to get a 17G2112 installer and now my system accepts the MBP 15,1 SMBIOS setting. Still no sound and still have intel630 reporting only 7mb. But this install has now also allowed me to download 17G2208 (using the installinstallmacos.py script) will be doing a fresh install from this version now. Hoping issues will be easier to resolve when using same builds as zacmks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back