Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx for your share.i have install mojave in my aero15w with your efi,there is few component cant work.
i am confused for the HDMI port,it cant work with iGPU,right?

thanx for your share.i have install mojave in my aero15w with your efi,there is few component cant work.
i am confused for the HDMI port,it cant work with iGPU,right?

That's great to hear that it worked for you! Also, nice to know that it works for the 15w variant

Yes, as far as I'm concerned iGPU doesn't work with HDMI. On Windows, it even forcibly turns on the Nvidia card (even if you disable it on the BIOS config.)
If you want to use HDMI with Nvidia, you can install the Nvidia Web Drivers for MacOSX

As alternative, if you have an adapter, thunderbolt does work with iGPU. Usually I do need to turn on the computer with it connected to USB-C/Thunderbolt port

@zacmks Can these Broadcom wifi card support monitor mode?
Or another solution? USB Wifi adapter and keep the Intell Killer Wifi card ?

@zacmks Can these Broadcom wifi card support monitor mode?
Or another solution? USB Wifi adapter and keep the Intell Killer Wifi card ?

Not sure in regards of wifi monitor, I don't have devices to test

USB wifi adapter should work too, but I heard that actual pci based adapters are much better (even for hackintosh). Several places states this, also I think that we have this info on the main wifi guide as well

U got the USB one and I'm still trying to make it work. Probably the driver from asus is the problem. I will try to fix it during Spring Break

I tried your EFI files but I am getting this error on my Aero 15 (Gtx 1060 version)

It's basically stuck at 50% at the loading screen when trying to boot into the usb to install OSX High Sierra

Attachments

• Screenshot at Mar 12 21-22-27.png
    Screenshot at Mar 12 21-22-27.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 168
Hi,there is a another problem about bluetooth,and I repaced the intel card with BCM94352Z.
The bluetooth is break after sleep,then, i try to change BrcmFirmwareDate to BrcmFirmwareRepo,and put it in S/L/E.
And bluetooth is work completely now.
hope it can help you.
sry for my poor english.

U got the USB one and I'm still trying to make it work. Probably the driver from asus is the problem. I will try to fix it during Spring Break

See the USBInjectAll guides, there are quite some of them here. I have linked the RehabMan's original. Also, there's the DSDT patches on the repo too

I tried your EFI files but I am getting this error on my Aero 15 (Gtx 1060 version)

It's basically stuck at 50% at the loading screen when trying to boot into the usb to install OSX High Sierra

Not able to know what it could be, no much details

Hi,there is a another problem about bluetooth,and I repaced the intel card with BCM94352Z.
The bluetooth is break after sleep,then, i try to change BrcmFirmwareDate to BrcmFirmwareRepo,and put it in S/L/E.
And bluetooth is work completely now.
hope it can help you.
sry for my poor english.

You are absolutely correct! After the installation, it'd be better to have the kexts installed on the main partition (bc kext caching, etc)

Yes, BrcmFirmwareRepo can be used for this type of injection (for 10.11+ they suggest to place in /L/E/ tough, for 3rd party extensions)

Your English is good, np at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back