Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
Yes I try to read it from begging til end, but temporary not succes yet bcz I am jumping from one link to tread to another meanwhile.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
Hey zacmks,

I have the Aero 15x 4k, i7-8750H, Nvidia GTX 1070, 512GB Toshiba.

Thanks to your post, I got motivated to try Hackintosh my Aero 15x.

After working on it for two weeks on it, I am pretty happy with it.

Everything works fine: Sleep/Restart/Shutdown, WLAN, BT, Sound, Touchpad, CPU PM.

The only thing I can't get better is my battery runtime. No matter what I try, I can't get it over 4-5h.

First I tried to get everything work. Then I tried optimising my CPU PM. Seems to work pretty good. On Idle I have something around 1.3-1.7W. While browsing or writing this text in Safari I am at 2.1W Package Power.

I also replaced my m2 NVME with a 1TB Crucial SATA SSD I had laying around.

Yesterday I also tried removing all internal SSDs and installed Mojave on external 3.5" HDD with its own power source.

Didn't affect the battery runtime.

Brightness is reduced as well (60-70%). Bluetooth is turned off. Tried also shutting down all programs. Normally I only have iStat Running.

But no matter what I do, don't get over 4-5h. On Windows 10 I had battery runtimes around 8h.

How is your battery runtime and do you have some tips for me?

Attached is my EFI. Running on Mojave 10.14.5.
I am pretty happy with it. I am also in contact with Headkaze, the founder of Hackintool. He has the same laptop as me.

Best,
Chris
Hi ShmockLord

I have the same Aero spec as you , are you wish to assist me in the installing Mac OS on my mashine bcz you have already done that, and have experience what to do step by step?
Thanks in advance

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
Hi everyone just try to download Mojave from app store Mac book Pro 2009 and get messages that I cannot install this is on my mashine? Any solution how to fix it?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Any solution how to fix it?
Download Mojave from the Mac App Store on a 2012 or newer iMac or Mac mini running Mountain Lion or newer versions of macOS. A Mac Pro should be 2010 or newer and the eligible MacBooks that can be seen below should be 2012/2015 or newer models. A hackintosh must also be running Mountain Lion or newer and use one of the following minimum system definitions or newer. Then the CustoMac will appear as Mojave eligible at the Mac App Store.

1566425191026.png

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
I have questions after successful installing Mojave on AERO 15 xv8 4K, I get info from app store about new update is it safety for update via app store?
What it can fix or what it can broken?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I get info from app store about new update is it safety for update via app store?
If you have created your unique serial numbers with Clover Configurator you can sign in to the App store and update. It's perfectly safe.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
If you have created your unique serial numbers with Clover Configurator you can sign in to the App store and update. It's perfectly safe.
Ok thanks for info.
I also have issue with nvram and Bluetooth, I mess little in terminal when want to avoid hfs+ to apsf and now drive is in apsf, direct after first booth from SSD o get Bluetooth working although I don't replace WiFi card ,but no WiFi is gone.
I try to nvram -c but get error.
Is it normal that there coming different malfunction and how to avoid it?
Thanks in advance.
The good issue is at I don't experience 3 minut black screen on boot ,system loading quite fast.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
Can anyone know how to solve the SSL error when login to app store?
Thank

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
Hello everyone, anyone of forum members know how to fix this issue?
After I install Mojave on for first time using only default configuration that was find in forum I was able to sign Inn to app store on default setting with default serial number and motherboard number.
But after another installation I am not able to sign Inn, avoid Apfs also don't work.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello all, sorry that I’ve been absent for a quite while.

I’ve been very, very busy with work so I haven’t had time to give updates either here or on the repo.

But I do plan to give some updates as soon as I get some time here (soon). It will include some Mojave updates with issues in general. And updates on things that got better in regards of this guide.
Will try to answer as much as possible the questions here as well.

Best wishes