Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have used the same clover files from your git but i am not able to boot in, It's struct with black display.
I can only boot in if i use wrong *soundsAAPL,ig-platform-id*
I can hear the sounds if i use keyboard with the files provided on github.

Hey zacmks,

I have the Aero 15x 4k, i7-8750H, Nvidia GTX 1070, 512GB Toshiba.

Thanks to your post, I got motivated to try Hackintosh my Aero 15x.

After working on it for two weeks on it, I am pretty happy with it.

Everything works fine: Sleep/Restart/Shutdown, WLAN, BT, Sound, Touchpad, CPU PM.

The only thing I can't get better is my battery runtime. No matter what I try, I can't get it over 4-5h.

First I tried to get everything work. Then I tried optimising my CPU PM. Seems to work pretty good. On Idle I have something around 1.3-1.7W. While browsing or writing this text in Safari I am at 2.1W Package Power.

I also replaced my m2 NVME with a 1TB Crucial SATA SSD I had laying around.

Yesterday I also tried removing all internal SSDs and installed Mojave on external 3.5" HDD with its own power source.

Didn't affect the battery runtime.

Brightness is reduced as well (60-70%). Bluetooth is turned off. Tried also shutting down all programs. Normally I only have iStat Running.

But no matter what I do, don't get over 4-5h. On Windows 10 I had battery runtimes around 8h.

How is your battery runtime and do you have some tips for me?

Attached is my EFI. Running on Mojave 10.14.5.
I am pretty happy with it. I am also in contact with Headkaze, the founder of Hackintool. He has the same laptop as me.

Best,
Chris

I think that I get about the same on battery. It's been some time that I haven't tested the battery.
Have you tested with the Intel only config.plist? The "config-intel.plist" file on the repository.

Because I don't think that Nvidia has a proper optimus implementation for MacOS. The way it's done on Windows vs Mac machines are different. The Nvidia drivers on Mac will not handle the ON/_OFF switch the same way as the Windows drivers.
Thus, maybe if you disable completely the Nvidia graphics you can have more runtime (the mentioned plist does it).

I updated to Mojave, I still didn't have the iGPU working but it's already much smoother.
So I installed the kexts with hackintool and just replaced the CLOVER folder in EFI with your efi.zip folder, but I removed the AirportBRCM and 2 other Broadcom kexts as I haven't replaced mine (I'm just using PDAnet through my phone to tether it's internet through USB, works pretty good and saves $!).

Anyway, now I'm getting a "kextd stall SMSCBusController" error during verbose boot, before this I get "kext ru.joedm.smcssuperIO cannot unload - module stop returned 0xdc008017".

But thought I removed the fakeSMC and only used the virtualSMC..

I probably have to re-do my installation, but going back to High Sierra anyway, so is 17G2208 the only Coffee Lake compatible version?
I had 17G6030 and I thought that wasn't compatible because I got a "this cpu model is not supported" error.

So to keep it short I have 2 questions; why do I get this "kextd stall SMSCBusController" error and what is the latest Coffee Lake compatible High Sierra version?

I updated to Mojave, I still didn't have the iGPU working but it's already much smoother.
So I installed the kexts with hackintool and just replaced the CLOVER folder in EFI with your efi.zip folder, but I removed the AirportBRCM and 2 other Broadcom kexts as I haven't replaced mine (I'm just using PDAnet through my phone to tether it's internet through USB, works pretty good and saves $!).

Anyway, now I'm getting a "kextd stall SMSCBusController" error during verbose boot, before this I get "kext ru.joedm.smcssuperIO cannot unload - module stop returned 0xdc008017".

But thought I removed the fakeSMC and only used the virtualSMC..

I probably have to re-do my installation, but going back to High Sierra anyway, so is 17G2208 the only Coffee Lake compatible version?
I had 17G6030 and I thought that wasn't compatible because I got a "this cpu model is not supported" error.

So to keep it short I have 2 questions; why do I get this "kextd stall SMSCBusController" error and what is the latest Coffee Lake compatible High Sierra version?

Now that you said, I don't remember testing with VirtualSMC myself (I changed recently on repo as well). But as far as I recall FakeSMC did work with Mojave.

In regards of your first question, I suggest you to test between FakeSMC and VirtualSMC. And always remember to:
- Use the correct files on drivers64UEFI Clover folder
- Use the correct kexts
- Remove the drivers and kext that belongs to the solution that you are not using

I think 17G6030 is supported, I used it on mine.
Although my current macOS version is 17G7024 (this is the latest High Sierra Coffee Lake version, answering your second question)

Now that you said, I don't remember testing with VirtualSMC myself (I changed recently on repo as well). But as far as I recall FakeSMC did work with Mojave.

In regards of your first question, I suggest you to test between FakeSMC and VirtualSMC. And always remember to:
- Use the correct files on drivers64UEFI Clover folder
- Use the correct kexts
- Remove the drivers and kext that belongs to the solution that you are not using

I think 17G6030 is supported, I used it on mine.
Although my current macOS version is 17G7024 (this is the latest High Sierra Coffee Lake version, answering your second question)

So i think I'm getting there, but I either get a "found not supported chip" error or "framebuffer failed to load" when I fake a kabylake GPU.

I don't have any AppleIntelCLFGraphic kext anywhere, is this ok? Is this supposed to be the output of the framebuffer patching?
I'm supposing you already did all the patching work.

So I tried a lot of different boot options, but all I can get is 32mb of UHD 630 memory, but I need the full size with Metal support.
Basically, only when I fake a platform ID (Kaby lake or even a non-existing one) it works. Leaving it blank or to 0x3E9B0000 makes it stuck.

Also only FakeSMC works with Mojave for me!

This is how it looks like on High Sierra (I have a quad-boot with Windows 10, Ubuntu, Mojave and High Sierra, dual booting 2 versions of Mac is really easy with apfs!!):

Last edited:
How did you get the BCM94352Z to work on windows? it freezes for me constantly (on boot).

I copied your CLOVER folder to mine, booted it, but I need to change the SMBIOS to iMac18,2 every time for it to boot? how is that

Hi everyone I have one question , I see all of this tutorial should be about installation Mac OS on AERO 15 X v 8 but what I read and understand there is no option to do it without another machine that actually have running Mac os on it already bcz all the commend for clover to create bootable USB are make in Mac os terminal and not in windows .
So is it possible to install Mac os without any help of another PC with Mac os installed if you already have oryginal Os but only external CD ROM and not build Inn laptop?
And if there is anyone who successfully do it mean installing Mac os on separate SSD disk on AERO 15 X v 8 and didn't use for this machine with Mac os ?

Hi everyone I have one question , I see all of this tutorial should be about installation Mac OS on AERO 15 X v 8 but what I read and understand there is no option to do it without another machine that actually have running Mac os on it already bcz all the commend for clover to create bootable USB are make in Mac os terminal and not in windows .
So is it possible to install Mac os without any help of another PC with Mac os installed if you already have oryginal Os but only external CD ROM and not build Inn laptop?
And if there is anyone who successfully do it mean installing Mac os on separate SSD disk on AERO 15 X v 8 and didn't use for this machine with Mac os ?
you need a mac or a working hackintosh to create the installer

you need a mac or a working hackintosh to create the installer
Yes thanks for replay.
Is it possible just to download the installer from someone that actually do it already and copy to usb?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back