Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15XV8
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070/ 4K
For all those that follow this thread, I added macOS 10.15 Catalina support. As per community feedback:

Also, I dropped the support for High Sierra (as the WiFi/Bluetooth kexts are slight different compared to newer versions of macOS). Btw, I should deprecated this thread and create another one on Mojave/Catalina section in near future..

Thank you all!
HiZack

Thanks for your work, can you share little light how to install kext to L/E in Catalina?
Siden system is protected?
Best regrads

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
HiZack

Thanks for your work, can you share little light how to install kext to L/E in Catalina?
Siden system is protected?
Best regrads
What do you mean by protected system?

Supposing that you are using CLOVER as bootloader, here are the steps:
1- Check the CsrActiveConfig flag on config.plist (to disable SIP, System Integrity Protection). The config.plist on my repo should be good
2- Copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions (cp -r 'kextnames.kext' /Library/Extensions/.)
3- Rebuild the kernel cache:
sudo kextcache -i /
4- Reboot

Notes:
1- Make sure that you have the proper kexts on respective folders (also remove conflicting kexts).
For example:
- BrcmFirmwareData.kext is for /EFI folder, whereas BrcmFirmwareData.kext is for /Library/Extensions
- BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (for Mojave/Catalina) vs BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (for High Sierra/Mojave)

2- Make sure that you have the essential kexts on /EFI folder. Also, I do recommend to have a few more for recovery (so that the devices can work if you boot on recovery).

Motherboard
Aero 15x v8 FDH / 2019 Razer blade stealth
CPU
i7-8750H, i7-8565u
Graphics
GTX 1070mq, UHD 630 / mx150
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, iMac, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
For all those that follow this thread, I added macOS 10.15 Catalina support. As per community feedback:

Also, I dropped the support for High Sierra (as the WiFi/Bluetooth kexts are slight different compared to newer versions of macOS). Btw, I should deprecated this thread and create another one on Mojave/Catalina section in near future..

Thank you all!
Thanks for all the great work you'be been doing, zacmks! I'm planning to try out the newer macOS releases as well. I've got a spare m.2, would you recommend a fresh install to mojave/catalina? or i could clone my HS drive and then do and upgrade on that?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Thanks for all the great work you'be been doing, zacmks! I'm planning to try out the newer macOS releases as well. I've got a spare m.2, would you recommend a fresh install to mojave/catalina? or i could clone my HS drive and then do and upgrade on that?
I think both should work good. Fresh install or upgrade.
In my case I just did mine from HS to Mojave, and it just worked good.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Release 2.1.1 guys, this affects quite much the performance of the computer.
I committed a mistake and didn't edit the ACPI path for the CPU on our case.

You can just update your "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-XCPM.aml" and you are good to go.

The only changes are here:

Release url:

Motherboard
Gigabyte aero 15x v8-bk4 - FB08 - Clover
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
UHD630, GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Air
How's the trackpad support, is it comparable as on windows with the precision drivers installed? I had tried it my my aero last year and it was basically unusable without a mouse.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD630 / 1070 Max-Q
is it work backlight control in Catalina? when i use mojave, it works perfectly. (with backlight control key UP = Pause DOWN = Scroll Lock) but in catalina, doesn't work backlight control. there is no backlight control in system preference - display.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello all, I'm marking this as deprecated. New guide here:

They are about the same, but with more updated infos. And I will unfollow this High Sierra thread now.