Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (High Sierra + Nvidia Graphics, Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HiZack

Thanks for your work, can you share little light how to install kext to L/E in Catalina?
Siden system is protected?
Best regrads

What do you mean by protected system?

Supposing that you are using CLOVER as bootloader, here are the steps:
1- Check the CsrActiveConfig flag on config.plist (to disable SIP, System Integrity Protection). The config.plist on my repo should be good
2- Copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions (cp -r 'kextnames.kext' /Library/Extensions/.)
3- Rebuild the kernel cache:
sudo kextcache -i /
4- Reboot

Notes:
1- Make sure that you have the proper kexts on respective folders (also remove conflicting kexts).
For example:
- BrcmFirmwareData.kext is for /EFI folder, whereas BrcmFirmwareData.kext is for /Library/Extensions
- BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (for Mojave/Catalina) vs BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (for High Sierra/Mojave)

2- Make sure that you have the essential kexts on /EFI folder. Also, I do recommend to have a few more for recovery (so that the devices can work if you boot on recovery).

For all those that follow this thread, I added macOS 10.15 Catalina support. As per community feedback:

Also, I dropped the support for High Sierra (as the WiFi/Bluetooth kexts are slight different compared to newer versions of macOS). Btw, I should deprecated this thread and create another one on Mojave/Catalina section in near future..

Thank you all!

Thanks for all the great work you'be been doing, zacmks! I'm planning to try out the newer macOS releases as well. I've got a spare m.2, would you recommend a fresh install to mojave/catalina? or i could clone my HS drive and then do and upgrade on that?

Thanks for all the great work you'be been doing, zacmks! I'm planning to try out the newer macOS releases as well. I've got a spare m.2, would you recommend a fresh install to mojave/catalina? or i could clone my HS drive and then do and upgrade on that?

I think both should work good. Fresh install or upgrade.
In my case I just did mine from HS to Mojave, and it just worked good.

Release 2.1.1 guys, this affects quite much the performance of the computer.
I committed a mistake and didn't edit the ACPI path for the CPU on our case.

You can just update your "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-XCPM.aml" and you are good to go.

The only changes are here:

Release url:

Hello all, I'm marking this as deprecated. New guide here:

They are about the same, but with more updated infos. And I will unfollow this High Sierra thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back