Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 5 SF514-53t whiskey lake MacOS10.14.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@richardchiu, my ACPI ID in windows is \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD0 Does this mean that I have ELAN0501 too? If I have a different ELAN, can I use the same DSDT patch as for your ELAN0501?

@richardchiu, my ACPI ID in windows is \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD0 Does this mean that I have ELAN0501 too? If I have a different ELAN, can I use the same DSDT patch as for your ELAN0501?
You should find it in your windows, under I2C HID device You can determine your device's route in Windows.
IMG_8400.jpg

Last edited:
@richardchiu, my device:
CpWz_002.png CpWz_004.png CpWz.pngCpWz_005.png CpWz_003.png CpWz_006.png CpWz_007.png

ACPI ID in windows is \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD0 Can I use the same DSDT patch as for your ELAN0501?

Last edited:
Hi!
In this case on an Asus UX333FN, can I install macOS on the same SSD(in a different partition) without buying a new one?
Thank you

@richardchiu
You may be able to control the built-in screen backlight using function keys by the following.

(1) install AppleBacklightFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

(2) compile SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl to SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml
and add the latter to CLOVER/ACPI/patched

with the two above steps, hopefully you will be able to control screen backlight using the slider that should appear in System Preferences/Display

to be able to control screen brightness using function keys (F3 for brightness down, F4 for brightness up):

(3) add following patch to DSDT
Code:
into method label _Q8F replace_content

begin

// Brightness Down\n

Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n

end;

into method label _Q8E replace_content

begin

// Brightness Up\n

Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n

end;