Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 – macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 261
THANKS FOR THE GUIDE SAME COMPUTER WITH YOU ,I follow the step and clover select "BOOT OS X FORM USB"
I get THIS :

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

AND,wait forever.... never see the system install page . SO SAD...

MAYBE,you can help me~

THANKS FOR THE GUIDE SAME COMPUTER WITH YOU ,I follow the step and clover select "BOOT OS X FORM USB"
I get THIS :

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

AND,wait forever.... never see the system install page . SO SAD...

MAYBE,you can help me~

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Thank you very much for the detailed instruction. As always I learned a lot from reading what's been posted.

I am having the Kaby Lake version of Swift3 SF314-51 with major specs listed below

■ CPU: Intel Core i5-7200
■ Graphics: Intel HD 620
■ RAM: 8G
■ SSD: 256Gb

I built the installation disk following the instruction. I replaced the config.plist with a Kaby Lake compatible one otherwise, it would not boot into the installation interface.

I was stuck at the install interface since I could not find the main SSD on the disk utility. The only choice I had was the USB device that I use for Clover.

I confirmed that the SATA100_unsupported kext was injected. I also placed HFSplus.efi in related folder. With backup, I formatted my SDD into one partition using FAT32 format. However, none of these worked and my hard drive did not show up as a choice for installing Sierra.

After so many frustrated trials, it would be appreciated if you could provide any hint on this issue.

Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 162
Thank you very much for the detailed instruction. As always I learned a lot from reading what's been posted.

I am having the Kaby Lake version of Swift3 SF314-51 with major specs listed below

■ CPU: Intel Core i5-7200
■ Graphics: Intel HD 620
■ RAM: 8G
■ SSD: 256Gb

I built the installation disk following the instruction. I replaced the config.plist with a Kaby Lake compatible one otherwise, it would not boot into the installation interface.

I was stuck at the install interface since I could not find the main SSD on the disk utility. The only choice I had was the USB device that I use for Clover.

I confirmed that the SATA100_unsupported kext was injected. I also placed HFSplus.efi in related folder. With backup, I formatted my SDD into one partition using FAT32 format. However, none of these worked and my hard drive did not show up as a choice for installing Sierra.

After so many frustrated trials, it would be appreciated if you could provide any hint on this issue.

Thank you!

Off-topic. This guide is for the Skylake model, not Kaby Lake.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Is it possible have the ethernet port?
we need to buy an adaptor type c , is there any type of this supported by osx or any kexkt?
thak you

This notebook hasn't ethernet port, so i have asked if it is possible have it with an adaptor and could used with osx

This notebook hasn't ethernet port, so i have asked if it is possible have it with an adaptor and could used with osx

There are compatible USB Ethernet adapters available from apple.com.

Can you make a video on youtube or a guide with photo , how to change wifi card with the broadcom please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back