Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 – macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for reply, RehabMan.

For now, I am happy that most functionality works well.

I tried to reinstall all steps again. But I didn't apply IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext.

By the way, I wish the brightness control could be worked.

================================

Here are what I did to try enable brightness control.

It is a bug in the latest iasl (you must be building it from source). Use pre-built iasl from my bitbucket.
Also, read guide for instructions on using latest "last known good" iasl:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

- According to your comment, I retrieved RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git and jumped to old commit before 22 Dec 2016 (the Created-date of this thread).

- I did disassembly, compile, fix error syntax, apply Skylake LPC Fix to DSDT.aml, ... everything went well and I reboot.

- The display option in System preferences showed Preferences Error.

Display_Preferences_Pane_Not_loading_in_Sierra__Solved____tonymacx86_com.png

- I used DarwinDumper and got [1. Custom EDID, 2. VendorID, 3. ProductID] to config it in Clover Configurator.

config_plist.png

- I reboot once, and now I can access to display option. But there is no slider brightness control.

Built-in_Display.png

- I have attached my Clover to this comment.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
Thank you for reply, RehabMan.

For now, I am happy that most functionality works well.

I tried to reinstall all steps again. But I didn't apply IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext.

By the way, I wish the brightness control could be worked.

================================

Here are what I did to try enable brightness control.

- According to your comment, I retrieved RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git and jumped to old commit before 22 Dec 2016 (the Created-date of this thread).

- I did disassembly, compile, fix error syntax, apply Skylake LPC Fix to DSDT.aml, ... everything went well and I reboot.

- The display option in System preferences showed Preferences Error.

View attachment 229676

- I used DarwinDumper and got [1. Custom EDID, 2. VendorID, 3. ProductID] to config it in Clover Configurator.

View attachment 229677

- I reboot once, and now I can access to display option. But there is no slider brightness control.

View attachment 229678

- I have attached my Clover to this comment.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Your DSDT does not have "Brightness Fix" applied.

Hi,
Anyone got multi gesture to work? I only got scrolling with two fingers...
I´ve tries both VoodooPS2Controller as the guide says, and the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.

Thanks!

Hi,
Anyone got multi gesture to work? I only got scrolling with two fingers...
I´ve tries both VoodooPS2Controller as the guide says, and the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.

Thanks!

Your profile is not filled out correctly.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Not here, on macbidouille
Hi Andrea1616,

I know that :thumbdown Currently, I have a lot of work. So, yes, it's planned but not now. Probably, early February. Sorry. I can, however, deposit my EFI directory and you see?

Note : On my version of laptop no IC2 driver only trackpad and no brightness for moment, ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back