Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 – macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
my acer nn recognizes pci ssd .... following this guide

Hi,

Thank you for this amazing guide, purchased this laptop because of it.

Sadly I'm having a bad time trying to boot to OSX installer, it stops always at the same line (attached verbose and CLOVER).

Can anyone point me to the right track? Thank you.

IMG_20171122_171507.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
Hi,

Thank you for this amazing guide, purchased this laptop because of it.

Sadly I'm having a bad time trying to boot to OSX installer, it stops always at the same line (attached verbose and CLOVER).

Can anyone point me to the right track? Thank you.

View attachment 294243

What version of OS X? (or did you mean macOS?)
If Sierra, read NVMe guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Also, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi seems to be missing.
And FakeSMC.kext is old.
Clover is old too.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hy,
try my efi folder whith 10.13.1 installer
i have acer shift 3 ,i5 7200u hd 620
sorry for my english.....

Hey, I have the same model but I have a graphic bug whenever I put the hackintosh to sleep. How did you change the guide to make it compatible with hd 620?

Hi there! I can't be sure, but as that thread is named "Swift 3" it should support all of Swift 3 models, right? I'm going to buy SF315, with i5-8250U and 8\256GB. So, I'm gonna ask stupid questions which are not answered via general laptop guide - is Cannon Lake actually working as it should and supported? with 4 cores and real frequencies? I know that workaround with FakeID, Xiaomi books are working with macOS by that way, but it's... Weird. Next one - is Wi-Fi card replaceable? I'm afraid it would be embedded or connected with M.2 SSD... And, the most important one - is anyone got that model working with macOS properly? Thanks! It's pain when you buy a laptop and then it appears that some hardware is incompatible. Can anyone please send AIDA64 or something like that report? Maybe I will need to patch DSDT (I can't\don't like to do that), or try new kexts, searching ways to make my things work.

Last edited:
[any mod, you can delete this]

Last edited:
Got my lap today (see my previous post). Installed macOS, got sound/hotkeys/UHD 620/keyboard working, sleep is not working, touchpad is laggy and some gestures doing weird things (not surprising actually, I'm using Voodooi2c instead of old ps/2 drivers), not like on mac at all. Will dig into it tomorrow, can anyone help me with DSDT patches?
UPD: Long story short - generic UHD620 config, I got issues with sleep, I2C drivers, mic is a little bit crappy - Siri asks to repeat every time, but my Telegram call is good enough to hear me (idk is it same on Windows or it performs better). Also backlight control isn't working. Everything else seems to be fine, but I don't have internet option (HoRNDIS not working anymore, didn't got BCM94352Z or supported dongle), so it's not accurate test. NVMe Intel 600p working just fine. If someone interested in DSDT - here you are. Also - there is my "just for install" EFI folder. Buggy, but still - at least it working. I'm 100% sure there is ton of crap but I don't care, it's just for USB. I got trackpad recognised by I2C, prefpane works but keyboard and trackpad doesn't work.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    93.8 KB · Views: 144
  • EFI.zip
    23.6 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Hi, I have an ACER Swift 3 SF314-52G-55XD and I would like to know if somebody have getting it working ?
Did the initial tutorial work for this computer or not ?

If not wich change do I have do make ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back