Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I am sorry for leaving this guide as-is, my Clover went through several iterations and now I'm ready to update it. Big thanks for support, and if you have any questions, feel free to ping me!

@PavelIT
Update it n your 1st post.
Thanks

I can't install Mojave, every time it is restarting. I have the Acer Swift 3 SF314. With i3-7200U Kaby-Lake and Intel 620 graphics.
I would be very thankful for any support :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20190610_020408.jpg
    IMG_20190610_020408.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 242
Everything works perfectly but I have issues with my system randomly freezing and locking up after a few hours. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• debug_9523.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 147
I have ACER Swift 3 SF315-52G model and have used the file attached. everything works fine but I have no audio.
it seems my laptop model has Realtek ALC256 instead of Realtek ALC255. does anyone have similar codec and is it working?

Is the SP315 any different than the SP314-53N-53SH?

Specs
  • CPU : Intel Core i5-8250U (Kabylake-R)
  • Graphics : Intel UHD 620
  • RAM : (20gb Total) 4 GB DDR4 onboard/16 crucial DDR4 2400
  • SSD : 256 GB onboard
  • Screen : 15-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS with glass
  • Ports : 1xUSB 3.1 Gen-1 Type-C, 2xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0, 1xHDMI (full-size), 1xAudio jack
  • Wifi/Bluetooth : Stock, DW1560 on its way
  • Audio : ALC255 (ven id:10ec, dev id:0255)
  • SD Card Reader : Realtek USB2.0-CRW (ven id:0bda, dev id:0129)
  • Back-lit keyboard
  • I2C Trackpad + PS2 keyboard (why?)
*Also I have this stylus, anything with enabling or disabling for that?

Easy install (for newbs, only for laptops without NVidia GPU):
  1. Just download my EFI folder at the end of this message
  2. Mount EFI partition of your flash drive
  3. Copy EFI folder to the flash drive.
  4. Boot from flash drive > install > reboot
  5. Boot from flash drive and select SSD partition.
  6. Setup macOS
  7. Mount EFI partition on SSD
  8. Copy EFI folder there.
  9. Eject flash drive, reboot.
All should be fine :)

^^^^^^
I downloaded your EFI folder, but am wondering 2 things.

You'll see some coffee coming your way, looks always seamless install

1st will this setup work with only Mojave? I have a bootable Mojave and Catalina Usb

2nd, I'm fairly new. I read Vanilla's guide once around. However, I'm worried about Kexts crashes or not being able to recover. How do I dual boot and partition Windows and Mac OS on Acer?

Any leads are greatly appreciated!

I've fully revamped the guide and the EFI itself, it is now OpenCore-based and updated for 10.15, so I'm inviting you to the new thread, all info is now available here

I can't install Mojave, every time it is restarting. I have the Acer Swift 3 SF314. With i3-7200U Kaby-Lake and Intel 620 graphics.
I would be very thankful for any support :)
This is most likely because of the VoodooI2C. Check my new release and guide, there are chances that it will help you. You will need serious modifications anyway though, you will need different SMBIOS and graphics injection id so I don't recommend you to use this guide without changes for your laptop.

I’m having battery drain issues after installing mojave on my swift 3 (7200u)

Any advice on power management? I did some SMBIOS modifications and the fans seem to be able to spin in different speeds depending on the task, just the battery drains like crazy (and drains a bit when sleeping)

After several days changing NodeID in the Platform28.xml I only was able to make the microphone not to show movement when audio is coming through the headphone port. In one of those changes I made the Mic to show movement when sound were coming through the internal speakers but the mic was not working either. I don't know what to do now.
I have the same mic problem with Acer Swift 3 ALC256. Did you solve built in microphone issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back