Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi is there any issues or ways to fix this? the log is attached above.

send me log by running this command in terminal when using my EFI.here starting time should be after you booted your laptop.
Code:
log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"' --start "2017-01-01 00:00:00"

and is your audio and other features are working ?

hi, does your laptop model use Realtek ALC 256 Codec?. If it does, then can you please tell me how you made it working because i have the same model and i am unable to make it work.
Still no luck with alc256? I have the swift 3 with the same codec and I am starting to regret buying it.

applealc+layout 11

Hi i am still in waiting for help on the battery and audio issues:crazy::cry:

Hi, I finally got audio. (ALC256) I have had my DSDT patched for several days with @RehabMan patch for laptops and today I patched my AppleHDA using AppleHDA patcher v1.8 by @Mirone. I placed the patched AppleHDA kext in S/L/E and placed release version of lilu and AppleALC kext in Clover Efi/Clover/Kext/other and now I have Audio. I am using high Sierra. tomorrow I will try with Mojave

Note: I was trying really hard with AppleHDA patcher v1.9 using many kext combinations and other methods with no luck, until I found a post recommending v1.8 in another website. Also English is my second language.

Last edited:
Hi, I finally got audio. (ALC256) I have had my DSDT patched for several days with @RehabMan patch for laptops and today I patched my AppleHDA using AppleHDA patcher v1.8 by @Mirone. I placed the patched AppleHDA kext in S/L/E and placed release version of lilu and AppleALC kext in Clover Efi/Clover/Kext/other and now I have Audio. I am using high Sierra. tomorrow I will try with Mojave

Note: I was trying really hard with AppleHDA patcher v1.9 using many kext combinations and other methods with no luck, until I found a post recommending v1.8 in another website. Also English is my second language.
Can you please upload your codec dump and your dsdt patched.

Can you please upload your codec dump and your dsdt patched.
Hi, honestly I think my dsdt still needs some fixes because there were some patches like one related to the trackpad that I was unable to apply, but my only issue in my trackpad now is that it jumps to the top right corner and although my internal speaker is working well, I discovered that headphones sometimes works well and stop working until I open syspref sound input tap and mute option does not work.
about the codec, mine were detected and I did not use linux to get any information. I will download linux distro to get the codec and I will come back later to you. I might also need it to resolve the headphones issues. anyway here is my dsdt dsl and aml. Please note that my laptop dsdt and yours might be difference.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    186.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
Hi, today I tried the same method to get audio in Mojave 10.14.2 with no luck. I will stay in high sierra until another version of applehda patcher comes out, then I'll try again

Hi, today I tried the same method to get audio in Mojave 10.14.2 with no luck. I will stay in high sierra until another version of applehda patcher comes out, then I'll try again
Can you give your codec dump and original dsdt, i think you little bit modified it ang config.plist also

Hi, honestly I think my dsdt still needs some fixes because there were some patches like one related to the trackpad that I was unable to apply, but my only issue in my trackpad now is that it jumps to the top right corner and although my internal speaker is working well, I discovered that headphones sometimes works well and stop working until I open syspref sound input tap and mute option does not work.
about the codec, mine were detected and I did not use linux to get any information. I will download linux distro to get the codec and I will come back later to you. I might also need it to resolve the headphones issues. anyway here is my dsdt dsl and aml. Please note that my laptop dsdt and yours might be difference.

Hi, have the same issue with the touchpad, the gesture work very well but the trackpad often jumps to the top right corner. I have Mojave 10.14.2 and I have apply all the DSDT patches, pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back