Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Spin 5 (SP513-52N-85GA, KabyLake-R, UHD 620)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Done!
Did both my laptop and desktop

followed exactly this step by step and after that the speakers worked great but the headphone does nothing but screeching a bit on startup (and after that only silent)...

EFI folder is attached. No guarantee for nothing :)

Do you mind screenshotting your L/E?

Do you mind screenshotting your L/E?
There you go.

Also attached the patched .aml files I added recently for the case someone has the version with the GTX 1050 and wants to disable it (wont intergrate and will only drain battery otherwise).

And does someone have an idea regarding the headphone fix?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-15 um 09.24.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-15 um 09.24.56.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 149
  • patched.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 141
@txx1219
Wi-Fi (DW1820A/BCM94350ZAE ordered)
I got it yesterday, but bluetooth wont work for me at all. WiFi was instantly recognized tho...
Does it work for someone?

Hey txx1219. I have a different laptop but your guide helped me to make the graphics work. I have the same problem with rebooting when plug HDMI in.
Could you please explain this part to me
I have changed the AAPL,ig-platform-id value to "00001659" (which represents 0x00005916) to get HDMI properly working.
I've tried to set ig-platform-id in my config.plist but then graphics stopped working at all. That field was actually empty so I suppose I did it wrong and I have to change this value somewhere else.

UPDATE: I've figured it out but it didn't help anyways

Last edited:
Is anyone willing to help me. I have the Acer Spin 5 (With GTX 1050ti) but I cannot get my audio to work at all.

Is anyone willing to help me. I have the Acer Spin 5 (With GTX 1050ti) but I cannot get my audio to work at all.
Did you use my EFI Folder?

Can anyone see if they can help me. I am using hwmonitor to look at my cpu frequencies. When I turn on my laptop (Acer Spin 5) the laptop idles at about 1.6GHZ-1.8GHZ which is normal. When I put my laptop to sleep and then wake it up. My GHZ idles at about 3.00 and I cannot get it to go back down. The only way is to restart the laptop.

UPDATE: I found out it is because of ACPIBatteryManager kext but I do not know how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Can anyone see if they can help me. I am using hwmonitor to look at my cpu frequencies. When I turn on my laptop (Acer Spin 5) the laptop idles at about 1.6GHZ-1.8GHZ which is normal. When I put my laptop to sleep and then wake it up. My GHZ idles at about 3.00 and I cannot get it to go back down. The only way is to restart the laptop.

UPDATE: I found out it is because of ACPIBatteryManager kext but I do not know how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hm I don't have this issue at all :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back