Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multibeast did not install the driver from the PS2 mouse + keyboard you have installed the kext on the elanpad gave kernel panic and tried again with the command system does not turn on the opening -x What can I do?

Use Terminal from within the OS X installer to remove.

The opening of a test failure, the system gives boot0 GPT boot 0.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Shared code can solve this problem but this time it is happening and accelerating the resolution 1024x768 is going.

Not sure what that sentence means...

Finally, the fan is running continuously at the same speed and no battery indicator how can I solve it?

Make sure you have power management properly implemented.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

For audio, the Voodoo 2.7.2 for VT2021 chose this one turns out, but the sound is very very low.

You can try AppleHDA instead.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

... Fortunately, my friend gave me a usb wifi adapter using ralink, and it works, except that if I close the lid with the adapter installed, the system hangs when I reopen the lid. But it's still annoying, so I am looking for an board without wifi.

Use GenericUSBXHCI.kext with kernel flag -gux_defer_usb.

One more question, my keyboard is a canadian bilingual one, the layout is different, so how can I config the appleps2controller or something else to make it right?

Use the Ukelele app.

@RehabMan:

He forgot the quote tags :)

This is my posting copied.

@Mr
Use Kext Wizard to import kexts.
It's much easier then copying the files using terminal.
You turn the Voodoo 2.7.2 installed but sound very very little how did you solve it?

I have tried for days, but I can't find one still available. Yesterday, I found this. The photo seems right, while the title is weird, "mSATA SSD Wifi Board" seems no good, but "55.4QP06.001" seems good, so I sent a message to the seller, but so far I haven't got the reply.

The mentioned board is for an S3-951 and not for our S3-391. Are you sure it works?

- - - Updated - - -

You turn the Voodoo 2.7.2 installed but sound very very little how did you solve it?

I use headphones :) But will look at the AppleHDA and the corresponding DSDT patches if I have some time.

Everything was going fine, but the system has started to kernel panic. thumbed everything together. Like I said your english is not very good and I said some things I have difficulty understanding. You could you help me via TeamViewer Are worsen? Download three days I'm dealing with it day and night. Please save me from this torture: D

Multibeast took care of the installation, usb wifi dongle working but can not make the necessary adjustments for post-:(

Thanks for everythink

The mentioned board is for an S3-951 and not for our S3-391. Are you sure it works?

I'm not quite sure, but the picture given looks the same as the one in s3-391, so I just ordered one and will try it. Wish me luck.

After some time, the muscles started to boot animation and restart the system, the resolution is 1024x768. The system seems to be in the details HD4000 3mb. How did you solve it?

After some time, the muscles started to boot animation and restart the system, the resolution is 1024x768. The system seems to be in the details HD4000 3mb. How did you solve it?

Boot with IGPEnabler=Yes (assuming bootloader is Chimera3) or use the "HD4000 Low Resolution" DSDT patch as called for in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back