[Guide] Acer Aspire S3-951 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Acer Aspire S3-951 YOSEMITE Fully Fonctionnal

patched but not working...

patched but not working...

Which layout id does the AppleHDA use?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Thanks for everyones help on this.

My S3-951 is the same, an i5 MS2346 / S3-951-2464G34iss.
Currently running 10.10.3 on Clover, with sound, trackpad, keyboard etc working, using a new AR5B95 internal WiFi adapter & toledaAPRT's AirPort method.

So I've followed the guide from start to finish, & used all the attached & recommended files.
I installed from a bootable 10.10.0 (which I've used successfully on other machines), installed the latest Clover boot loader, with all the provided settings, files & patches.
I've got everything working, except for the internal (built-in) display...

External HDMI works 100% fine, and the 13" Acer screen boots fine, displays bios & Clover perfectly, but once Clover has finished loading the OS (once the Apple logo & progress bar disappears) the screen becomes distorted & split into 4 mirrored windows across the screen.

Photo 4-06-2015 11 23 16 pm.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

I've tried booting in Safe Mode & Verbose. It's also happening when booting from the installation USB.
I read that HD3000 graphics sometimes requires a custom EDID injection? How would I go about doing this, if it's required for me?
And why would my setup be any different from all the successful setups here, when its the same machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for everyones help on this.

My S3-951 is the same, an i5 MS2346 / S3-951-2464G34iss.
Currently running 10.10.3 on Clover, with sound, trackpad, keyboard etc working, using a new AR5B95 internal WiFi adapter & toledaAPRT's AirPort method.

So I've followed the guide from start to finish, & used all the attached & recommended files.
I installed from a bootable 10.10.0 (which I've used successfully on other machines), installed the latest Clover boot loader, with all the provided settings, files & patches.
I've got everything working, except for the internal (built-in) display...

External HDMI works 100% fine, and the 13" Acer screen boots fine, displays bios & Clover perfectly, but once Clover has finished loading the OS (once the Apple logo & progress bar disappears) the screen becomes distorted & split into 4 mirrored windows across the screen.

View attachment 140116

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

I've tried booting in Safe Mode & Verbose. It's also happening when booting from the installation USB.
I read that HD3000 graphics sometimes requires a custom EDID injection? How would I go about doing this, if it's required for me?
And why would my setup be any different from all the successful setups here, when its the same machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I've found out what the issue was.

I reinstalled FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins & FakeSMC HW Monitor from Multibeast 7.2.0
Repaired permissions & rebooted.
Found that "Inject Intel" was ticked, in Clover Config - Graphics.
I unticked it, rebooted & everything booted & displayed perfectly.

Thanks very much for the support & quick responses :thumbup:

Hi Mediax

I'm new on this device. I would like to clarify
"Install my dsdt and ssdt (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI)"
Did you mean drag two files into the path EFI/CLOVER/ACPI? and no similar file in that path
or you were meaning to install them by multibeast?

Hi Mediax

I'm new on this device. I would like to clarify
"Install my dsdt and ssdt (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI)"
Did you mean drag two files into the path EFI/CLOVER/ACPI? and no similar file in that path
or you were meaning to install them by multibeast?

Clover reads patched ACPI files from EFI partition at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Clover reads patched ACPI files from EFI partition at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home
Thanks

Could I know how to install the MacOS on the 20GB SSD. I can only find a 2 Mb drive instead of 20GB and It cannot be erased or formated on the unibeast.

Besides, I have divided the drive into two and installing MacOS and WIndow 7 x64 separately. After I install Clover UEFI bootloader. It always boots to Win 7 rather than choosing which OS I like to boot.

My BIOs Version 1.18. Anybody got the solution?

Thanks

Could I know how to install the MacOS on the 20GB SSD. I can only find a 2 Mb drive instead of 20GB and It cannot be erased or formated on the unibeast.

Besides, I have divided the drive into two and installing MacOS and WIndow 7 x64 separately. After I install Clover UEFI bootloader. It always boots to Win 7 rather than choosing which OS I like to boot.

My BIOs Version 1.18. Anybody got the solution?

20GB is not adequate for OS X anyway.

After installing and completing updates on Windows, rename \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. If a Windows update should re-create bootmgfw.efi, remove bootmgfw-orig.efi (the old file), and rename bootmgfw.efi (the new file) to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back