Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Aspire E5-575-52G6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Sorry for not being online for a while! I'll try to respond to all the questions you asked

First of all, Thanks very much for the very helpful guide!

My main issue is my sound works fine, when coming from the speakers, but when i plug my headphones in, they're not even detected? The sound plays through my speakers instead of my headphones?#

Can anyone help?

That's weird. Have you checked if it was detected in the sounds settings?

Thanks man, i have a Aspire E14 E5-475-52XJ and had succesfully install OS Sierra on it following your instructions, the tunning still in progress, i have an issue with the booting i have to boot from the usb, when the bootmenu appears it only show me two options 1. windows bootloader (SSD) 2. The USB Installer.

I had install the system on the mechanical hd, could you please guide me on how do i enable this drive to boot?

Thanks on advance.

Umm.. You're using the wrong laptop. This guide is for the E15 Series E5-575, not the E14 series :/

So I have attempted this but I have 3 problems
1. Sound won't work (tried your drivers)
2. Brightness is low (Tried the method you linked as well).
3. When using clover using my USB it boots fine but using Clover on my PC it Hangs at the pluses and then reboots in a loop.

1. Have you set the layout ID as 13 and checked "ResetHDA" in Clover Configurator?
2. Can you adjust it in the display settings?
3. Try to use a live Linux to copy the EFI files from your USB to your internal drive

Hey Mr. hicham03,
Can you help me give me one EFI folder for Acer E5 575 35M7,
i3-6006u
RAM 4GB
intel graphic 520
SSD WD 120GB
HDD 500GB
1920x1080 screen
https://phongvu.vn/may-tinh-xach-ta...laptop-acer-e5-575-35m7-nx-glbsv-010-xam.html
my email: [email protected]

Thank you very much!

If you follow the Clover steps (installing Clover and replacing config.plist), then your EFI folder will be able to boot Sierra just fine :)

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this guide as I have a (nearly) fully working hackintosh acer.
Everything from battery to keyb and mouse works well.

The only thing is audio....
I downloaded the ALC255 V1 AND V2 from the link above.
I have tried installing both v1 and v2 using easy kext pro as described in the link above
I also set the layout id as 13 (tried 3 and 11 as well), and followed other instructions through clover configurator

The audio still does not work, which is a shame as I have done this once before on this laptop and the audio worked (somehow).
Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Have you installed the HDA kexts? If so, try to check "ResetHDA" in Clover Configurator
(Edit: as RehabMan pointed out, you should set the layout ID (13) in Clover Configurator)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm going to try and uncomment it by -
1 ) mounting EFI
2 ) opening my config.plist with Xcode
3 ) uncomment my layout id line.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm going to try and uncomment it by -
1 ) mounting EFI
2 ) opening my config.plist with Xcode
3 ) uncomment my layout id line.
It should be something like " layoutID: 13 "
(you can even use Clover Configurator, which is much easier than manually editing the plist file)

AND IT WORKS !!

So basically, the problem was that layout-id was commented out as pointed by RehabMan.
Interestingly, I had used clover configurator to inject it anyways, probably I messed up.
Also, just for reference, layout-id 13 works.
So thanks again RehabMan and hicham03, cheers !

AND IT WORKS !!

So basically, the problem was that layout-id was commented out as pointed by RehabMan.
Interestingly, I had used clover configurator to inject it anyways, probably I messed up.
Also, just for reference, layout-id 13 works.
So thanks again RehabMan and hicham03, cheers !
No problem! Enjoy your brand new "HackBook"! :D

Hello,
Everything works audio, brightness and even trackpad on my new mojave install.
However, the headphones wont get recognised when I plug them into my jack. The jack is fine as it was working before, and so are the headphones. I even checked the system settings audio, only internal speakers get listed.

Also, any help with battery life is appreciated...thanks :)
Problem reporting files attached.

UPDATE:
Setting layout-id to 3 from 13 helped recognize my headphones, however the audio is flat and not very clear at all..

Attachments

• debug_19268.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hello,
Everything works audio, brightness and even trackpad on my new mojave install.
However, the headphones wont get recognised when I plug them into my jack. The jack is fine as it was working before, and so are the headphones. I even checked the system settings audio, only internal speakers get listed.

Also, any help with battery life is appreciated...thanks :)
Problem reporting files attached.

UPDATE:
Setting layout-id to 3 from 13 helped recognize my headphones, however the audio is flat and not very clear at all..

Is multi-touch working on Mojave for you? Been trying to get it to work for days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back