Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Aspire E5-571 using Clover with optional Windows dual-boot

CPU
i3
Mobile Phone
iOS
Keep in mind it is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. Always patch your own instead.
I know. In fact, I patched my own ACPI files for my old desktop motherboard (an ASUS P5G41M-LX board), but this laptop with EFI seems to escape my current knowledge. In my old mobo, I used Chameleon, my dsdt.aml file and was good to go. On this laptop I don't know if I have to use legacy or UEFI boot, if I have to necessairly use Clover or still use Chameleon...that's why I humbly asked for the DSDT file for this specific model (Acer E5-571G), since I have the exact same laptop (same model, same variant).

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I know. In fact, I patched my own ACPI files for my old desktop motherboard (an ASUS P5G41M-LX board), but this laptop with EFI seems to escape my current knowledge. In my old mobo, I used Chameleon, my dsdt.aml file and was good to go. On this laptop I don't know if I have to use legacy or UEFI boot, if I have to necessairly use Clover or still use Chameleon...that's why I humbly asked for the DSDT file for this specific model (Acer E5-571G), since I have the exact same laptop (same model, same variant).
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel 4400
hey great guide but i getting a lot of errors patching my dsdt can u help i also attached a copy of mine im using acer e5 571 installed el capitan only issue now is my brightness, and can i make my system snappier

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
hey great guide but i getting a lot of errors patching my dsdt can u help i also attached a copy of mine im using acer e5 571 installed el capitan only issue now is my brightness, and can i make my system snappier
You should know from reading the guide that you cannot work with DSDT.aml. You must disassemble with iasl as per guide...

But if you use the tools linked from the guide, the DSDT.aml you provide here has no errors.

CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel 4400
ok thanks ill try again later was following a youtube guide from tech reviews to fix brightness ill post screenshots of the errors

is this wrong

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
thanks,I mean that,ACER E5 series' touchpad is used by USB channel,not PS/2. now I can't dual finger or 3 finger
You would need a custom USB trackpad kext.

You would need a custom USB trackpad kext.
thanks for your reply!I have been searched it in google or baidu and i couldn't find it.can you help me? this bothering me for a long time.as you know ,my english is poor.
it's my touchpad information

thanks again!!

屏幕快照 2016-07-01 00.20.15.png