Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Aspire E1-570G OS X Yosemite (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Deluxe
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 690 SLI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
Acer.jpg

System Specifications:

- CPU: Intel (R) Core i3-3217U @ 1,8GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM 1600MHz Dual Channel (4GBx2)
- GPU: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 & nVidia GeForce GT 740M
- Chipset: HM77
- HDD: 500GB Hitachi 5400rpm
- Screen size & Resolution: 15,6 inches & 1366x768
- Others: 2xUSB 2.0 ; 1xUSB 3.0; 1xVGA; 1xHDMI; 1xEthernet; 1xAudio Jack
- Touchpad Type: ElanTech Multi-Gesture Touchpad
- Fatory OS: Microsoft Windows 8.0 x64
- Atheros QCWB355 (replaced with an Atheros AR5B195)

What works ?

- CPU
- RAM
- Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 with 1024MB VRAM (QE/CI)
- Brightness with slider
- Webcam
- Touchpad (Gestures not working! Don't use them or you'll mostly have to reboot to get it working correctly)
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth (ONLY after replacing with the AR5B195) !
- Sleep and Wake
- USB 3.0
- CPU and Battery power management
- Battery
- HDMI
- Ethernet
- Audio Jack

What doesn't work ?

- nVidia GeForce GT 740M (need to disable it to get brightness slider working)
- Audio, unless you use VoodooHDA which is buggy.
- Touchpad Gestures doesn't work.
- SD Card Reader (I didn't test anyway)
- The Atheros QCWB355.
- VGA (didn't test)

Pre-requies:

- An Acer Aspire E1-570G (core i3, i5, or i7 version)
- Stock BIOS (it have to be version 2.06 and not modded) WHY ? R: Well, because with an older version, the VRAM in BIOS will be 128MB while v2.06 will set it to 64MB. 64MB VRAM is important for IG-PlatformID to work (to enable HD 4000 in other words).
- A 8GB or Larger USB device
- A working Hackintosh (or inside a Virtual Machine)
- DSDT & SSDT files for the laptop (attached below)
- Internet Connection
- A Tonymacx86 Forum account
- An Apple ID
- Some times
- A working brain

Step I: BIOS Setup and Getting Laptop ready.

1) While on Windows, free up some space. Go to "Disk Management" and create a partition using the space you free up. Name it whatever you want and Filesystem should be "NTFS"
2) Go to your BIOS and set a "Supervisor Password" (so that you can disable secure boot). It's in "Security" tab.
3) When set that password, switch to "Boot" tab and disable secure boot.
4) Still in BIOS, set boot mode to "UEFI"
5) Also make sure "SATA Mode" (in "Main" tab) is set to "AHCI".
6) Save and Exit.
7) Optionally remove supervisor password: Enter your current password > press "Enter" > press "Enter" and again "Enter" to let it blank.

Step II:Getting OS X and preparing bootable USB

1) Fire up the working hackintosh you've
2) Go to Apple Store
3) Search for OS X Yosemite, click install & put your Apple ID. Download will start
4) Go to follow this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html . Begin at step 2 and stop at 12) for that step. Then come back here to continue. Or simply follow the quoted message (if you go to the link, you'll have a tutorial with pictures).
1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column

4. Click on the Partition tab
5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
6. Click Options...
7. Choose GUID Partition Table
8. Under Name: type USB (You can rename it later)
9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition
11. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app --no interaction

Upon completion, the USB will be renamed Install OS X Yosemite.
5) Now, download the "CLOVER.zip" (in attachments) file and extract it. After extraction, move it to the "CLOVER" partition of your USB Device.

Step III:Installing OS X

1) Plug in your USB to a USB Port (I recommend USB 2.0 although USB 3.0 should work) and restart your laptop, when Acer Logo comes, quickly press "F12" and select your USB device in the list.
2) You should see CLOVER GUI, Use "Arrow Keys" to highlight to "Install OS X Yosemite" then press "Enter"
3) System will boot in verbose Mode.
4) After 1 or two minutes, you should see "Welcome to OS X Installer" screen. Choose your language and click next.
5) Go to "Utilities" and then "Disk Utility" Select the partition you created under Windows, switch to "Erase" tab and format it to "HFS+ Extend Journaled" and close disk utility
6) Back to the installer, select the volume you just formated to HFS+ and click "Install"
7) Install goes on two steps, 1st one will take about 10 minutes (or more depending on your hardware).
8) When 1st step is done, the laptop should reboot eventually. Do the same as in step one by pressing "F12" button. and continue to step 2. You should boot to the installer directly. Just let it do its job. This step will take 20 minutes or more.
9) When done, it should eventually reboot again.
10) Now, repeat step 1, at CLOVER GUI; highlight the volume you installed OS X on (step 6) and press "Enter". OS X should boot to verbose mode which will lead you configuration screen. Configure it as you wish and you will be took to Desktop.

Step IV: Post installation and Dual boot setup

1) Download "Clover Configurator" (search on the forum or Google)
2) Open Clover Configurator and click "Mount EFI", then click "Mount EFI Partition" and put your password.
3) Go to "CLOVER" partition of your USB and copy the "CLOVER" folder to "EFI" folder of your EFI Partition (Partition you just mounted with Clover Configurator). Should look like "/EFI/EFI/CLOVER" after pasting.
4) Unplug USB drive and Go to your EFI Partition then go to "EFI/Microsoft/Boot" and rename "bootmgfw.efi" to "bootmgfw-orig.efi"
5) Now go to "EFI/CLOVER" and copy "CLOVERX64.EFI" to "EFI/Microsoft/Boot" after copying the file; rename it from "CLOVERX64.EFI" to "bootmgfw.efi"
6) Verify that in "CLOVER/ACPI/Patched" there is "DSDT.aml" and "SSDT.aml".
7) Reboot Laptop. Don't touch anything, just let it boot as usually. You should directly be taken to "CLOVER GUI" with "Windows", "OS X Yosemite", and "Recovery HD" entries ! Just highlight the one you want to boot to and click enter :D
8) Congrats!!! You just hackintoshed your Acer Aspire E1-570G.

Step V: Troubleshooting

1) If you have a boot issue, just let me know. But 1st be sure you've the exact same model.
2) If you've the Core i5 or i7 version, please don't use the files in "ACIP/Patched" and "ACPI/Origin". Follow guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html to patch your own.
3) If you have the exact same model but Graphics not working, change in Configurator > Graphics > IG-PlatformID; try these values: 0x01660003, 0x01660004 or 0x01660009
4) If Brightness not working (nvidia isn't being disabled), Remove everything in "ACPI/Origin" from CLOVER Folder on your EFI Partition. reboot, while in CLOVER GUI, press "F4" to dump your OEM DSDT, SSDTs. If still not working, follow 2) of Step IV.
5) If wifi not working, change wifi card (will be VERY HARD for a standard user because you need to disassemble the laptop for just this) or buy a Wi-Fi USB Dongle.
6) Sound doesn't work, you can use VoodooHDA v2.8.x but it produces an annoying sound at startup.

That's it....Good hack.

Special Thanks to @RehabMan for all his help especially regarding DSDT/SSDT patching. Thank you so much sir. May God bless you.

Attachments

• Acer.jpg
    Acer.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 888
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,525
Hi, I am interested in this guide, does something change if I want to install El Capitan? I mean other than creating a bootable USB with El Capitan.

Hi, I am interested in this guide, does something change if I want to install El Capitan? I mean other than creating a bootable USB with El Capitan.

There were several changes in 10.11, so you may have to make changes to your setup to accommodate.

There were several changes in 10.11, so you may have to make changes to your setup to accommodate.
And do you know for example what? Because I only installed El Capitan on a desktop without much trouble before, so I don't know anything about Kext, DSDT or SSDT. I would like to install El Capitan (only) into the same laptop as the guide, but with 4gb of ram instead of 8, with AR956x for wifi+bt and ALC 282 for the audio.

And do you know for example what?

Nothing really unusual or unexpected... Changes such as:
- AppleHDA usually requires a new Clover patch (new codec 0x11d41983 added)
- AppleHDA injectors require new entries in OSBundleLibraries
- USB is all new and requires updated kexts
- Clover update probably required (depends on how new your Clover is)
- different patch for bluetooth/handoff
- etc.

Most of these items are covered in the forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/el-capitan-laptop-support.181/

Nothing really unusual or unexpected... Changes such as:
- AppleHDA usually requires a new Clover patch (new codec 0x11d41983 added)
- AppleHDA injectors require new entries in OSBundleLibraries
- USB is all new and requires updated kexts
- Clover update probably required (depends on how new your Clover is)
- different patch for bluetooth/handoff
- etc.

Most of these items are covered in the forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/el-capitan-laptop-support.181/
Just one more thing, do I need to do this before or while installing El Capitan, or can I "successfully" install it and then see what works and what not and try to resolve it? I mean, if I skip point 5 of step 2 of this guide and try to install (maybe using multibeast?) will I be able to see the desktop and then procede to resolve all the problem?
Sorry but never tried with a laptop...

Just one more thing, do I need to do this before or while installing El Capitan, or can I "successfully" install it and then see what works and what not and try to resolve it? I mean, if I skip point 5 of step 2 of this guide and try to install (maybe using multibeast?) will I be able to see the desktop and then procede to resolve all the problem?
Sorry but never tried with a laptop...

I don't use Multibeast, so can't help you there...
If you have an extremely old Clover that does not support 10.11, you will have to at least update Clover.

I don't use Multibeast, so can't help you there...
If you have an extremely old Clover that does not support 10.11, you will have to at least update Clover.
Ok, and as far as I only used unibeast and multibeast I would like to use them here too, so I understand you never tried with them, but do you know at least if the whole process is possible with them? Sorry for the dumb question :confused:

Ok, and as far as I only used unibeast and multibeast I would like to use them here too, so I understand you never tried with them, but do you know at least if the whole process is possible with them? Sorry for the dumb question :confused:

I'm not sure what you're asking...

If you're asking for general instructions on installing OS X on laptops...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back