Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-7600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember where to get this, the patched whatever green kext does solve the login delay for me (attached)
whatevergreen.kext gave me kernel.

For the HDMI, there is no screen out to external mon (HDMI OUT not work), my laptop is 15" so if in 1080 resolution, the fonts size hurts my eyes, scaled screen makes font all blurry .....
Have you tried using your usb 3.1 type c port for video out if that works? Safes lots of energy to disable discrete graphics.

I don't have the USB type C to HDMI cable, but I guess it won't work.

How is Firefox behaving? Is it sluggish?

[GUIDE]Apo´s HackLap:
Core i7-8750H - 16GB RAM - UHD630

Aspire-7_main.png

Components

Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-7600

Cheap laptop with everything I need: A good screen display for this price (73% Adobe RGB and 100% SRGB), good colours and design, fast processor with 6 cores, M.2 for ssd and wifi

Samsung NVMe 970 Evo 250 gb
I always trust on Samsung SSDs

Broadcom BCM94352Z
To get WIFI/Bluetooth yo need to change the Intel M.2 wifi card with this.

Ballistix BLS8G4S240FSDK Sport LT - RAM 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, SR x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin)
A good Ram from Crucial

MacOSX 10.14 Mojave

Comments

First of all, sorry for my English :)

This is my third Hackintosh. I always use guides from this page to make them, and now I want to help to this community with a laptop computer guide that I think nobody makes.

I am a professional photographer and I always use Macs since I was 9 years old. But the last years I disapproved the things that a Apple is doing like soldered Ram and hard disk. I believe everyone can update his/her computers, And I think we need to repair, not throw it away.

I like this laptop because it has a simple design: Black, No colourful LEDS. And of course I need a fast proccessor with lot of cores and Ram to retouch photo and video.

So with this guide I want to help to try to improve this page.

What works:
  • UHD630 with hardware acceleration.
  • Audio
  • Shutdown
  • Ethernet
  • Bluetooth
  • WIFI
  • USB 2.0 & 3.0
  • Trackpad and Keyboard.
  • Backlight keyboard.
  • AirPlay mirroring to AppleTV.

What doesn´t work:
-HDMI
-Sleep/wake.
-Brightness control.

Installation

Step zero: Unmount and install ssd and Broadcom wifi

If you want to change wifi and ssd, you must disassembly your computer. I used a video for that, but I cannot put the link here and I don't know why. Search "demountage acer aspire a717"

Take a lot of care when you do that.

Step One: BIOS

Main:
F12 boot menu: Enabled
Wake on LAN: Disabled
Touchpad: Basic

Advanced:
Intel VTD: Disabled

Security:
Set Supervisor Password: (Put what you want, you need to disable Security options)
Password on Boot: Disabled

Boot:
Boot mode: UEFI
Secure Boot: Disabled

Step Two: Creating your High Sierra USB Installer
I followed the Laptop Guide from RehabMan using Clover.
My config.plist is config_UHD630.plist
In my kexts/other folder I have: RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Step Three: Install MacOS
I use APFS. Installation is easy: Boot, press F12 and select your USB, then wait. Wait. Wait... Always wait. Don't get nervous, it takes lot of time with black screen and bars without movements. You should boot two or three times to finish the installation. Every time you reboot remember: F12, USB, and select reboot or your hard disk.

Step Four: Post Installation

1) Use Clover and install on your hard drive. Be sure to install ApfsDriverLoader*.efi.

2) Avoid verbose texts due to APFS before clover:
Open Utilities > Terminal and type paste or type the following:
Code (Text):
sudo perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg'/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/apfs.efi

3) Kexts on Library/extensions:
RealtekRTL8111.kext -> To Get Ethernet.
USBInjectAll.kext -> To Get USBs.
FakeSMC.kext -> This is a MUST.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext -> To get keyboard
ACPIBatteryManager.kext -> To get Battery indicator.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext -> To get trackpad works. I use 4.6.8 version because I can't find 4.7
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2,kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, FakePCIID.kext - >To get WIFI+Bluetooth
Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext -> To get UHD630 graphic card works.
VoodooHDA.kext -> To get Audio

4) SSDts on EFI/ACPI/patched:
Copy the SSDT-UIAC.aml on the bottom of this post into EFI/ACPI/patched attached to get USBs working as expected.

5) info.plist changes on yourbootvolume/EFI/CLOVER:

ACPI/SSDT:
PluginType=true

Boot/Arguments:
dart=0=true
nv_disable=1=true
-disablegfxfirmware=false
Custom flags -cdfon

Graphics:
Inject INTEL=true
Inject ATI,InjectNvidia=false;

Kernel and Kext Patches/Kexts to Patch:

Patch #1
  • Name*: AppleAHCIPort
  • Find*: 45787465 726E616C
  • Replace*: 496E7465 726E616C
  • Comment*: External Icons Patch
Step five: Reboot and wait

When you reboot yo should wait for 2-5min with a black screen. Don't worry. It is an error the everybody has for now. Read this post if you want more information.

Final Thoughts

First, thanks RehabMan.

I like this computer. It has everything I need to work when I'm out of my office. I have Apple TV to get image on projectors, but I hope to improve things to try to get HDMI and the rest of the things that doesn't work. If someone can help me, I appreciate that and upload this guide.

Can you post the clover folder I have exactly the same laptop and I can't manage to get it working

[GUIDE]Apo´s HackLap:

Aspire-7_main.png

Components

Cheap laptop with everything I need: A good screen display for this price (73% Adobe RGB and 100% SRGB), good colours and design, fast processor with 6 cores, M.2 for ssd and wifi

Broadcom BCM94352Z

Ballistix BLS8G4S240FSDK Sport LT - RAM 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, SR x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin)
A good Ram from Crucial

MacOSX 10.14 Mojave

Comments

This is my third Hackintosh. I always use guides from this page to make them, and now I want to help to this community with a laptop computer guide that I think nobody makes.

I am a professional photographer and I always use Macs since I was 9 years old. But the last years I disapproved the things that a Apple is doing like soldered Ram and hard disk. I believe everyone can update his/her computers, And I think we need to repair, not throw it away.

I like this laptop because it has a simple design: Black, No colourful LEDS. And of course I need a fast proccessor with lot of cores and Ram to retouch photo and video.

What works:
- UHD630 with hardware acceleration.
- Audio
- Shutdown
- Ethernet
- Bluetooth
- WIFI
- USB 2.0 & 3.0
- Trackpad and Keyboard.
- Backlight keyboard.
- AirPlay mirroring to AppleTV.

What doesn´t work:
-HDMI
-Sleep/wake.
-Brightness control.

Installation

If you want to change wifi and ssd, you must disassembly your computer. I used a video for that, but I cannot put the link here and I don't know why. Search "demountage acer aspire a717"

Main:

Advanced:

Security:
Set Supervisor Password: (Put what you want, you need to disable Security options)

Boot:

In my kexts/other folder I have: RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I use APFS. Installation is easy: Boot, press F12 and select your USB, then wait. Wait. Wait... Always wait. Don't get nervous, it takes lot of time with black screen and bars without movements. You should boot two or three times to finish the installation. Every time you reboot remember: F12, USB, and select reboot or your hard disk.

1) Use Clover and install on your hard drive. Be sure to install ApfsDriverLoader*.efi.

Code (Text):
sudo perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg'/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/apfs.efi

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext -> To get trackpad works. I use 4.6.8 version because I can't find 4.7
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2,kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, FakePCIID.kext - >To get WIFI+Bluetooth

Copy the SSDT-UIAC.aml on the bottom of this post into EFI/ACPI/patched attached to get USBs working as expected.

ACPI/SSDT:
PluginType=true

Boot/Arguments:
dart=0=true
nv_disable=1=true
Custom flags -cdfon

Graphics:
Inject INTEL=true

Patch #1

When you reboot yo should wait for 2-5min with a black screen. Don't worry. It is an error the everybody has for now. Read this post if you want more information.

Final Thoughts

First, thanks RehabMan.

I like this computer. It has everything I need to work when I'm out of my office. I have Apple TV to get image on projectors, but I hope to improve things to try to get HDMI and the rest of the things that doesn't work. If someone can help me, I appreciate that and upload this guide.
Thank for your guide, good effort. Does any one knows wether the hackintosh would pick the new Acer Aspire 7 series with Core I7-9750H processor ?

Can anyone help with some direction please. I'm trying to install to Aspire A715-74G with NVME drive. Running installer works perfectly except under Disk Utility I do not see the drive to install to.

[GUIDE]Apo´s HackLap:

Aspire-7_main.png

Components

Broadcom BCM94352Z

A good Ram from Crucial

MacOSX 10.14 Mojave

Comments

What works:
- Audio
- Shutdown
- Ethernet
- Bluetooth
- WIFI
- USB 2.0 & 3.0
- Trackpad and Keyboard.
- Backlight keyboard.

What doesn´t work:
-HDMI
-Sleep/wake.
-Brightness control.

Installation

Main:

Advanced:

Security:

Boot:

Code (Text):

ACPI/SSDT:
PluginType=true

Boot/Arguments:
dart=0=true
nv_disable=1=true
Custom flags -cdfon

Graphics:
Inject INTEL=true

Patch #1

Final Thoughts

First, thanks RehabMan.

[GUIDE]Apo´s HackLap:

Aspire-7_main.png

Components

Broadcom BCM94352Z

A good Ram from Crucial

MacOSX 10.14 Mojave

Comments

What works:
- Audio
- Shutdown
- Ethernet
- Bluetooth
- WIFI
- USB 2.0 & 3.0
- Trackpad and Keyboard.
- Backlight keyboard.

What doesn´t work:
-HDMI
-Sleep/wake.
-Brightness control.

Installation

Main:

Advanced:

Security:

Boot:

Code (Text):

ACPI/SSDT:
PluginType=true

Boot/Arguments:
dart=0=true
nv_disable=1=true
Custom flags -cdfon

Graphics:
Inject INTEL=true

Patch #1

Final Thoughts

First, thanks RehabMan.

Hi, I have the Aspire A715-74G-78K. I'm wondering what model / make of your trackPad is ? Mine is ELAN 0504. Please can you share your details ? Any reason why you installed only ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext ?

I needed to install:
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext and remove conflicting drivers
- VoodooI2C.kext
- VoodooI2CHID.kext

Hi, @MikeHoward
I have nearly the same system (715-74G-53YM). Did you get the trackpad to work?

Hi, please can I get your EFI Clover configuration with config.plist? for Acer Nitro 7, i7-9750h Hackintosh.

Hi, brother.
I have the same issue of slug on battery that you mentioned. But different thing is that slug happens always if laptop runs on battery, no matter how much capacity percentage it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back