Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer aspire 5755G/5750G El Capitan UEFI Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong but I need to switch things off in the bios like VT-d and I don't see that options now.

No need to disable VT-d. Just use dart=0.

Hi. You wont see 'unlocked' aspects of a BIOS ('VT-d' etc..) with the BIOS that comes with the laptop. I see that you are quoting the Nvidia GeForce 630m - this should be changed to use 'integrated' only in the BIOS.

Then use:

either Rehabman's guide for laptops here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

or

10.11 unibeast install guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Then refer to my #1 post for specifics to this laptop. Take your time, and do not skip anything that is shown in the other guides (created by people who know this area inside out). Not easy to get your head around, when you have not undertaken this before, but thoroughly rewarding when you see that laptop boot to the desktop.

Best of luck, and report back on how you are getting on!

Yes Yes Yes! OS X El Capitan installed! I followed Rehabman's guide and everything went smoothly. I have no sound and ethernet acces but I'm already happy with the results. I assume that i need the files from your first post to get ethernet and sound working? Where I have to put them and which files do i need exactly?

Thanks for now, it was really helpful!

Hi leon65

Congratulations - glad you got there!!

Right.... For Sound

1 . Go to Post #1 download "Acer Aspire 5755G.zip" extract to a part of the hard drive of your choice (e.g. downloads)
2. Open the folder called Kexts 10.11
3. Go to Folder called 'sound'
4. You will see 2 kexts within it.
5. I have added easykext utility.zip to this post. This will insall to the correct location. Once download (to downloads) unzip and open easykext utility (and place in the same root folder as the 'Acer Aspire 5755G') - it makes it easier to drag & drop the kexts onto the easykext utility. See attached screenshot
6. Highlight both kexts from the 'sound' folder, and drag & drop onto the easykext utility. it will ask for permissions and then install.
7. Just re-boot and you will have sound.

For Ethernet

1. Go to the downloaded 'Acer Aspire 5755g' folder again and you will see a folder called Ethernet inside is one kext.
2. Click and drag again to the easykext utility, add permissions, re-boot and you will have ethernet.

good luck!

Attachments

• Easykext Utility.zip
    282.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 07.03.58.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 07.03.58.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Greetings T1hom7as

Thank you for providing an excellent source of inspiration through your guide yourself - I just think this is such a great laptop, and still able to deliver! The addition of SSD's/RAM and other upgrades helps to make it a great deal slicker, but It's such a shame that the Optimus technology can't be tapped into!

Have you upgraded yourself to El Capitan yet?

Thanks for your instructions M1D1MAN098! Sound and battery percentage doesn't work. I haven't checked the Ethernet yet. How about WiFi? Does it work for you? Also the bootloader... i was taring to install it on HDD but i get reset when the loading screen comes on so i need always my USB driver to boot. No succes this time : (

For Wifi, it depends on your wifi card. I believe that the Acer 5750 and 5755 do not come with a supported wifi card.

I replaced mine ( very easy to do) with "Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0"

The bluetooth works well with magic mouse and trackpad. All I had to do was download and install the appropriate kext files.

For sound, battery, and brightness after I edited my DSDT and installed the KEXTS (might have reinstalled some of them) it worked on restart.

Thanks for your instructions M1D1MAN098! Sound and battery percentage doesn't work. I haven't checked the Ethernet yet. How about WiFi? Does it work for you? Also the bootloader... i was taring to install it on HDD but i get reset when the loading screen comes on so i need always my USB driver to boot. No succes this time : (

Hi

Reference booting directly from the HDD as apposed to the USB, I detail how to get this working at #19.

Good luck!

Hi

Reference booting directly from the HDD as apposed to the USB, I detail how to get this working at #19.

Good luck!

Fixed! Now I can booting directly from my HDD. Editing dsdt is most difficult thing for me I must say. I read guide for laptops how to do it and I still don't get it. Maybe I can download your files and just copy paste?

Fixed! Now I can booting directly from my HDD. Editing dsdt is most difficult thing for me I must say. I read guide for laptops how to do it and I still don't get it. Maybe I can download your files and just copy paste?

It is always a bad idea to use patched ACPI files from another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back