Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer aspire 5755G/5750G El Capitan UEFI Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,
since my aspire 5750G has two graphic chips (intel hd3000 with 380 MB and a NVIDIA GT 540M with 2GB of RAM) i would like to try to configure the NVIDIA that should be better. Looking for a kext i found Natit540M2GB.kext on OSX86.net. Do you know if this kext work?

Grazie

Antonio

@LaCapaGira : It seems that the .zip you posted is corrupted.

Can you please confirm me if it works?

Thanks!

I was able to upgrade to Sierra with nary a problem. Good luck! Everything runs fine. I had to tweak my DSDT a bit.

By the way how can I download the kext package Aspire 5755G.zip or Aspire 5750G.zip?
Thanks
dfrank

Is there a way to enable my Intel HD 3000 external HDMI audio. The audio device is INTEL Cougar Point HDMI PCH.
Thanks

dfrank[/QUOTE]​

I solved the problem with:
open Utilties/Audio-MIDI setup, find the input and output channels, and set formats to 44.1 or 48 KHz, 16 bit.

Now Audio HDMI works as a charm with VoodooHDA!

dfrank

Aloha !

This is an interesting guide. No supporting install package from the OP, just links to general help links, lol ! Is this the wave of the future ?

This Aspire 5750.zip from thread #240 looks to be damaged as it does not uncompress properly.

I have everything working on my Aspire 5755G (BIOS:1.21) except for my HDMI video.

I have tried binary patching AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB without success so far.

I'm just going with El Cap 10.11.6 right now.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance ...

Aloha !

This is an interesting guide. No supporting install package from the OP, just links to general help links, lol ! Is this the wave of the future ?

This Aspire 5750.zip from thread #240 looks to be damaged as it does not uncompress properly.

I have everything working on my Aspire 5755G (BIOS:1.21) except for my HDMI video.

I have tried binary patching AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB without success so far.

I'm just going with El Cap 10.11.6 right now.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance ...

Your profile indicates "Dell Latitude E6330", not "Acer".
Please make sure your profile/signature accurately reflects your hardware, as per FAQ.

Also...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Profile updated as per request ...

Trying all sorts of binary kext patching as well as "on the fly" clover patching of AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext.

No HDMI or VGA video for me. I suspect that I am missing something very elementary and very specific to this laptop. The general info sections are not helping me a whole lot at this point. Can someone with good HDMI video on a 5755G please post a config.plist and a patched AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext ? I guess that's what I need.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back