Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer aspire 5755G/5750G El Capitan UEFI Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I was one of the guys way back (did a bunch with Thomas in the starts and jumped to clover before many on this product) so I have experience way back, even chatted with Akbar during the bios days but can't get in touch with him. My main question is I am taking the leap to get this box going again (for my kids now) and have some issues. I have been very ill and recovering from some serious illness and lost some memory and other issues with the mind during it all so please be easy with me ;)

I am going to attempt to get this all going these next few days, but something is scaring me now as I have heard of many people whose 5750gs are dying now and they are realizing the fan control doesn't work on the 1.21 akbar bios. Does this also have issues in OSX ? Is it just the windows guys? Regardless, do you guys see a problem with me using 1.20 as I think it doesn't have the fan issues.

Much appreciated,
TVO

Hi thevoiceover

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your illness, I have been away for the easter weekend. I have posted above ref temperature, and how i have got around this (disassemble laptop, clear all dust, remove cpu, and GPU, clean both and then add new paste and reassemble). I bought a new fan from ebay and managed to get a reasonable reduction in temperature.

I use this laptop only for OSX and soo may have gotten a longer life out of it by not hammering it with games (windows)...I do look after it a great deal, as i do not have the spare funds to buy a new one at the moment.

Last edited:
Hi my friend, thank you for this post, I need your help please. I want to Enable or switch to my Nvidia GT540m forever on my laptop. its working with El Capitan 10.11.4.
the problem is: when I inject the Nvidia on from Clover I go to black screen.
my El capo system report says that I have 2 graphics card, but the Nvidia has no video memory in his properties, even when I installed the Nvidia web driver and restarted the laptop.
the card is 2 GB, and I want to run the Final Cut pro smoothly.. away from the bad intel HD 3000
look at this: Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 6.21.38 AM.png

Hi my friend, thank you for this post, I need your help please. I want to Enable or switch to my Nvidia GT540m forever on my laptop. its working with El Capitan 10.11.4.
my El capo system report says that I have 2 graphics card, but the Nvidia has no video memory in his properties, even when I installed the Nvidia web driver and restarted the laptop.
the card is 2 GB, and I want to run the Final Cut pro smoothly.. away from the bad intel HD 3000
look at this: View attachment 194027

I think you didn't read the related information in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

thank you RehabMan for replying, I actually have read the post, But I'm sure that I've used my Nvidia gt540m 3 years ago, in a 10.8.2 iATOKS build, but in that time I've removed my laptop HDD and put it in another laptop (with Nvidia graphic card only), after installation I bring it to my laptop again and continue entering my name and location ...etc.

this man here seems good:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/acer-5750g-i7-with-nvidia-gt-540m.59226/

thank you RehabMan for replying, I actually have read the post, But I'm sure that I've used my Nvidia gt540m 3 years ago, in a 10.8.2 iATOKS build, but in that time I've removed my laptop HDD and put it in another laptop (with Nvidia graphic card only), after installation I bring it to my laptop again and continue entering my name and location ...etc.

this man here seems good:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/acer-5750g-i7-with-nvidia-gt-540m.59226/

With switched dual-GPU, only Intel is supported. Dedicated Nvidia is a different thing entirely.

look at this: View attachment 194027

Hi Abdallah.hassan

God, all this takes me back....there was a concensus of opinion 'at that time', that someone altered the kext's to make out that the GT540M was fully loading, but in fact, it was the good old Intel that was loaded (i'm not a guru, so don't know how that could have been done).

T1hom7as clearly shows in his thread that he has 4GB of system ram, of which 384MB had been allocated to Graphics. I have 16GB of which 512MB is allocated to the HD3000. Your Screen print shows O MB allocated to VRAM.

If the GT540M had been correctly loaded then surely a reading of 1GB or 2GB (depending on which you got when purchasing the laptop) would have been displayed. This (naturally) stirred up a great deal of interest and prodding, which ultimately fizzled out once people looked at the information that was being displayed.

This is why I clearly put in the thread that switchable Graphics HD3000/Nvidia was disabled to the default Intel HD3000. Sorry!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I set up my first hackintosh and everything works fine, but i don't have any battery stats..:(((

Do u use any specific kext for the battery stats?
Because i already patched Rehabmans battery fix..but its still not working :(

Thanks for the fast answer! =)=)

So we already did it. used the patch from

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#battery_Acer-Aspire-5750g.txt

and Maciasl 1.31 wants to change this line:
Method (B1B2, 2, NotSerialized) { Return (Or (Arg0, ShiftLeft (Arg1, 8))) }\n

everytime we applied the patch.

It tries to change from (before) (Arg1, 0x08) to (after) (Arg1, 8).

Any advice? =)

Thanks for the fast answer! =)=)

So we already did it. used the patch from

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#battery_Acer-Aspire-5750g.txt

and Maciasl 1.31 wants to change this line:
Method (B1B2, 2, NotSerialized) { Return (Or (Arg0, ShiftLeft (Arg1, 8))) }\n

everytime we applied the patch.

It tries to change from (before) (Arg1, 0x08) to (after) (Arg1, 8).

Any advice? =)

Read battery guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back