Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer aspire 5755G/5750G El Capitan UEFI Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! And thanks to Rehabman for the Kext. Worked like a charm. I just have to map it to the "Fn" keys.

Cheers!

Thanks! And thanks to Rehabman for the Kext. Worked like a charm. I just have to map it to the "Fn" keys.

Cheers!

Yes, Rehabman is a major force within the community - you just have to see how many posts/threads he contributes to, how many solutions he has pushed out - an amazing body of work!

....and just think, we all get to do this again for the next version of osx, which is not too far away. LOL!

Hi,

Im totally new here and for the past few days im studding the installation proces for my laptop. I have one question to you guys: are there other alternatives to install os x since the BIOS is not fully "unlocked" (no uefi etc.) on this acer 5755g laptop?

Thanks!

Hi,

Im totally new here and for the past few days im studding the installation proces for my laptop. I have one question to you guys: are there other alternatives to install os x since the BIOS is not fully "unlocked" (no uefi etc.) on this acer 5755g laptop?

Thanks!

Clover supports both legacy and UEFI.

And there is always Chameleon.

If you can, I recommend installing the unlocked BIOS by Akbar. It worked like a champ for me. M1D1MAN posted a link to it in his original post.

And there is always Chameleon.

Jumping to Chameleon (Enoch) just because of legacy boot would be a waste of time and an inferior result.

True.
But, I had to install El Capitan via Enoch then use Clover. Couldn't get Clover to boot to the installer correctly.

edit - I might be mistaken. It could have been that I booted into Clover in legacy instead of Enoch.

True.
But, I had to install El Capitan via Enoch then use Clover. Couldn't get Clover to boot to the installer correctly.

edit - I might be mistaken. It could have been that I booted into Clover in legacy instead of Enoch.

If you can boot OS X on your final install and have all USB ports working, you can boot the installer from USB... After all, the installer runs on OS X too.

It is just a matter of fixing enough stuff (via config.plist, Clover/kexts, ACPI, etc) in order to boot the installer...

Clover supports both legacy and UEFI.

I might be wrong but I need to switch things off in the bios like VT-d and I don't see that options now.

I might be wrong but I need to switch things off in the bios like VT-d and I don't see that options now.

Hi. You wont see 'unlocked' aspects of a BIOS ('VT-d' etc..) with the BIOS that comes with the laptop. I see that you are quoting the Nvidia GeForce 630m - this should be changed to use 'integrated' only in the BIOS.

Then use:

either Rehabman's guide for laptops here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

or

10.11 unibeast install guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Then refer to my #1 post for specifics to this laptop. Take your time, and do not skip anything that is shown in the other guides (created by people who know this area inside out). Not easy to get your head around, when you have not undertaken this before, but thoroughly rewarding when you see that laptop boot to the desktop.

Best of luck, and report back on how you are getting on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back