Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer aspire 5755G/5750G El Capitan UEFI Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Seems like a perfect solution.

With Ukelele, is it possible to pull the keymapping from my macbook air (also Japanese layout)?

Thanks you!

edit - Added a question mark

With Ukelele, is it possible to pull the keymapping from my macbook air (also Japanese layout)

Thanks you!

I don't know if that is a question or statement (questions typically end in '?').

But if it is a question... I have never used Ukelele.

Battery Patched! Possibly weird question. Do I have to patch it per battery? I have a newer heftier battery. With and extra 2000mAH. If using this I have to patch it again? I like to use this one if I travel as it gets me an extra 1.5 hours of use. If so is there an easy way to patch back in forth?

Thanks a lot! I'm off to try to get iMessages up and running.

edit- iMessage = Mission accomplished. Super super ecstatic.

edit 2 - I have another question. My laptop keyboard layout is Japanese. But I believe its stuck on a Standard US layout. Any chance of changing it? When I plug my usb keyboard in, it is able to detect the correct layout (also Japanese). Thanks!

sbeaber4

I had a look around to try and assist you, there is a site 'Japanese for your mac' which details all sorts of ways to use your mac with the japanese language.

http://redcocoon.org/cab/mysoft.html

I hope it helps you out!

Thanks M1D1man. My keyboard layout is stuck in US mode in the sense that the mapping is stuck. So while I can type in Japanese, the keyboard layout is stuck in US mapping. So my punctuation keys are mixed up and I have quite a few dead keys. It does work correctly if I us a USB keyboard.

Thanks M1D1man. My keyboard layout is stuck in US mode in the sense that the mapping is stuck. So while I can type in Japanese, the keyboard layout is stuck in US mapping. So my punctuation keys are mixed up and I have quite a few dead keys. It does work correctly if I us a USB keyboard.

sbeaber4

Ok....there is a note on the following website in regard to 'user profile' .

http://www.cnet.com/news/fix-keyboard-input-not-behaving-properly-in-os-x/

The paragraph starting with:

"Usually issues with keyboards are rooted in the user's account" may help...

i'll have a word with a guru at work, and get back next week if the above does not address the issue for you - or you find a solution yourself.

I really appreciate the effort you're putting in for me. And thanks to you, I got sound up and running. With better touch tool and a magic mouse I got this ol' acer purring.

edit - Success. I was able to use Karabiner to force "us keyboard" (which it isn't) to a standard Japanese keyboard. My punctuation keys are in the correct spots now.

Thanks for all your help!

I really appreciate the effort you're putting in for me. And thanks to you, I got sound up and running. With better touch tool and a magic mouse I got this ol' acer purring.

edit - Success. I was able to use Karabiner to force "us keyboard" (which it isn't) to a standard Japanese keyboard. My punctuation keys are in the correct spots now.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi, your welcome, that's a really great result, and it looks like your pretty much there for your laptop!!

I am, thanks to your continued support. Only the brightness keys and microphone remain to be tackled. Does your mic work M1D1man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back