Contribute
Register

[Guide] 90% working Catalina on Lenovo Yoga 910 13IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have gotten an EFI with OpenCore capable of loading Catalina 10.15.7 and also the final version of Big Sur 11. When I load Catalina the graphic acceleration stops working but everything else works correctly, wifi, bluetooth, sound, etc. With Big Sur I don't have graphic acceleration either, so the touch screen doesn't work either. The trackpad doesn't recognize it as such, but I can still perform all the normal gestures.

During installation, it is not necessary to use an external mouse, as the trackpad or touchpad works perfectly.

With this OC EFI therefore, it would be possible to perform a direct update from our latest version of Catalina 10.15.7 to Big Sur 11.

I leave a test capture:

View attachment 496868

Let's see if someone cheers up and finds how to fix the graphical acceleration and with it also the sleep mode.

In order to use the intel hd 620 graphics of the equipment, I had to use the AAPL, ig-platform-id recommended by dortania and perform a spoof with the device-id:

View attachment 496824

View attachment 496825

Regards

Agree

I bring news, with the latest EFI that I am going to attach, Catalina 10.5.7 can be loaded perfectly but the trackpad does not work, although it can be used provisionally until we update the macOS to the new Big Sur 10.0.1 version. Graphics acceleration doesn't work either, so neither does the touchscreen. Everything else works perfectly.

Once we carry out the direct update if you want or a new one from a bootable usb with createinstallmedia with the latest version of Big Sur, everything works in this EFI except the graphics acceleration with the intel hd 620, the igpu, that is, Wifi works and bluetooth (I replaced the dual wifi + bluetooth module that the computer has with a BCM94360NG module, so that the drivers are natively accepted), the battery measurement, the trackpad, the sound, the DRM, AppleStore, iMessage and FaceTime. Attached some screenshots:

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-19 a las 12.50.18.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-19 a las 12.50.40.png

Note: let's see if someone cheers up, and finds a fix for the graphics acceleration of the intel hd 620 with OpenCore 0.6.4 in macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 and if it gets it, please post it.

Regards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.2 MB · Views: 104
WithDRN not much success has been achived in hackintosh it is working due to widewine chrome DRM but playback is limited to 720p

Really appreciate your work

Hi

I have followed the tutorial for kaby lake from OpenCore on the recommended settings for intel hd 620 graphics to get graphics acceleration, and I have found that the main screen stays black, but if you have graphics acceleration on the external monitor taking out the video output by a USB-C to HDMI adapter. This happens the same loading both Catalina and BigSur.

It seems that when graphics acceleration is achieved but ONLY on the secondary screen and NOT on the primary screen that goes black, it stops recognizing the battery and does not recognize the trackpad in the system preferences, although it performs all the functions normally.

See if someone is so nice and comes up with a solution.

Things that still DO NOT work are:

- Audio through HDMI.

- You cannot touch the touch screen as it undergoes an immediate reboot.

- Sleep mode doesn't work either, but I think this can be fixed once we fix the graphics and touch screen.

Cheers

I am attaching my config.plist and a screenshot.

image.png

Attachments

• Config.plist
    29.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
If you're using OpenCore it is very important to load the I2C kexts in a specific order to get it right. I posted somewhere the order where it works nicely on my Yoga C740. Of course the I2C-patches need to be in place as well.

Otherwise try installing them to /Library/Extensions to see if it's basically working.

Also keep in mind that the touchscreen and graphics acceleration are two completely separated topics.

If you're using OpenCore it is very important to load the I2C kexts in a specific order to get it right. I posted somewhere the order where it works nicely on my Yoga C740. Of course the I2C-patches need to be in place as well.

Otherwise try installing them to /Library/Extensions to see if it's basically working.

Also keep in mind that the touchscreen and graphics acceleration are two completely separated topics.

Hi,

I have verified what you tell me and also reviewed the documentation on OpenCore and you are absolutely right. I have also verified that the first order kext is always Lilu, VirtualSMC and then WhatEverGreen and then its extensions. To check what they say about the order, I have made an order change and it does not actually load macOS. The thing is that if you perform a Snapshot with ProperTree, the software takes care of putting the base kext in the correct order and then its extensions so as not to have an error and if there are duplicates after examining its Info.plist it is also able to disable them, with what the problem here I doubt that it is the order of loading of the kext, otherwise ProperTree would throw it after taking the snapshot and it does NOT say anything.

With regard to the graphic acceleration and the touch screen, you are absolutely right, they are 2 totally different topics.

I have tried numerous settings in the device properties but OpenCore still does not detect the internal screen even though if I connect an hdmi adapter to the usb-C next to the charging port, I can get the video out and have graphic acceleration.

It is NOT possible to directly load the kext in the S / L / E or L / E routes, in OpenCore a more secure and robust system is used in the injection of kext and therefore they do not support this form that Clover had which by the way is much more unstable.

If anyone gets the fix, please kindly share it so we can do a clean upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur.

Excuse my terrible English, I'm using google translator as you may have noticed ...

Thank you very much, regards

Look at my config.plist for the Yoga C740. You can use exactly the same Kernel section, it should work exactly the same way.

The problem with I2C can be of different nature. I'm not using the latest versions, for I2C it's 2.4.4 and VoodooInput it's 1.0.7. Keep in mind I2C bring its own version of VoodooInput, either use it or delete it, but always use just one of them.

As for the graphics this is again exactly the same like in Clover. You can copy over the Properties values to the OpenCore config.plist, they're used by Whatevergreen, they have to be exactly the same. So it's not quite clear to me what's the problem there

Look at my config.plist for the Yoga C740. You can use exactly the same Kernel section, it should work exactly the same way.

The problem with I2C can be of different nature. I'm not using the latest versions, for I2C it's 2.4.4 and VoodooInput it's 1.0.7. Keep in mind I2C bring its own version of VoodooInput, either use it or delete it, but always use just one of them.

As for the graphics this is again exactly the same like in Clover. You can copy over the Properties values to the OpenCore config.plist, they're used by Whatevergreen, they have to be exactly the same. So it's not quite clear to me what's the problem there

Hello Edd1024

I have seen the config.plist that you indicate but really for my case, I can't get anything I need from there, since the battery works, the graphics acceleration works (only if I connect to an external display from the usb-c to hdmi ), it works the sound, wifi, bluetooth the trackpad and keyboard.

It does not work:

After seeing how it loads macOS, the screen is frozen, that is, the system does not detect it, but if I connect a usb-c to hdmi adapter if I have video output (no sound).

The touchscreen also doesn't work, if I touch the screen it reboots immediately.

Sleep mode doesn't work either, because until I detect the internal screen, I won't know if closing the lid correctly enters this mode.

Attached is my full EFI and your EFI that you mention about the Yoga c740 model.

Thank you very much, greetings.

Attachments

• EFI_YOGA_C740_OCv0.6.3.BigSur.zip
    7 MB · Views: 69
  • My_EFI.zip
    57.2 MB · Views: 72
Hello everyone

This is the last time I share my EFI, as I cannot find any solution for OpenCore to detect the internal LVDS screen and the screen is not black.

It does not work:

-Internal display graphics acceleration (does not detect internal LVDS display)

- HDMI audio.

Everything else works, sleep mode, touch screen works and is patched, but only when it is detected, sound, wifi, bluetooth.

Hope someone can shed light on this as I have tried everything I could.

Thank you very much, greetings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.2 MB · Views: 115
Hello @Edd1024 @sahilg009

Any news regarding graphics acceleration? Has anyone found any solution? I would appreciate if someone makes any progress, share it or give me help to repair the error.

Thank you very much greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back