Asus Vivobook X512FA EJ55T
CPU
i3-8145U
Graphics
UHD 620
Lenovo Yoga 910 13IKB Hackitnosh

A guide for installing macOS Catalina on Lenovo Yoga 910 13IKB using Clover

Note

I'm not an expert in hackintoshing, this is my first Hackintosh, I managed to get everything working in my laptop, if you experience any problems feel free to report here and we will work to resolve it together

Laptop's Hardware

CPU:
2.7GHz Intel Core i7-7500U (dual-core, 4MB cache, up to 3.5GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
RAM: 8/16GB DDR4 (2,133 MHz)
Screen: 13.9-inch, HD/UHD IPS multi-touch
Storage: 256/512GB PCIe SSD
Ports: 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0 with always-on charging, headphone/microphone jack
Connectivity: Qualcomm 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.1
Camera: 720p webcam with dual array microphone

What's Working?
  • Intel HD 620 Graphics full QE/CI
  • CPU power management
  • Battery (Cycles doesn't show properly)
  • All USB ports
  • Audio (including headphones jack)
  • Bluetooth
  • Internal webcam with Facetime
  • Trackpad (including gestures)
  • Sleep (lid sleep and lid wake)
  • Screen Brightness with hotkeys

What's Not Working?
  • Apple Pay
  • Inbuilt Wifi
Bugs
  • DRM support (iTunes Movies, Apple TV+, Amazon Prime and Netflix, and others) could be fixed in the future, more information here and here.

Requirement
  • 16 GB USB Disk
  • macOS Catalina image downloaded from the Appstore
  • Mouse,Because trackpad will not work during installation
BIOS Configuration

Before doing anything, make sure to update your BIOS to the latest version from here, preparing your machine to macOS, reboot your laptop, when the Lenovo logo appears press F2, when the BIOS menu appears go to:
  • [Configuration] SATA Controller Mode to AHCI, HotKey Mode to Enabled.
  • [Security] Intel Platform Trust Technology to Disabled, Intel SGX to Disabled, Secure Boot to Disabled.
  • [Boot] Boot Mode to UEFI, Fast Boot to Disabled, USB Boot to Enabled.
  • [Exit] OS Optimized Defaults to Disabled.

Installation

After downloading macOS from the Appstore, Format your USB drive as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)", then open Terminal and type:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume
And remember, MyVolume is for the name of your USB drive, you can change it if you would, after it's done, mount the EFI partition in your USB, copy-and-paste the folder EFI in the EFI partition (Download the attached file), Download Clover Configurator from here , reboot your laptop and press F12 to enter BIOS Menu, choose your USB installer and boot from it, you should see the Clover Boot Menu, boot from the USB that shown, it may take some time to boot, after is done, you should see macOS Utilities, choose Disk Utility and erase the drive you want to install macOS on it, click on Erase and type the name that you want, like: "Macintosh HD", choose the format as APFS and Scheme as GUID Partition Map and click Erase, after it's done, close the window and go back to macOS Utilities and choose Install macOS, click Agree to accept the license agreement, the installation should starts now, your laptop should restarts several times, after it's done, login to your AppleID
Install all kext in clover/kext/other folder
Enjoy your mac

Extras

• After you finish the installation you'll notice that your iMessage and other Apple services aren't working! to fix that issue you have to add ROM, MLB, in your config.plist, for more information follow this guide from here.

• VoodooPS2Contoller recognize Alt key as Command and Win key as Option for some-reason, if you want to fix this issue you can remap keys in mac

Grab the EFI folder
Note:Not my EFI folder Not my work

Issues in Catalina :
Wifi not working, will never work need brodcom card or usb wifi adapter
Everything else works great
Mouse will not work during installation.Use a external mouse during installation.After installing touchpad will work fine

Make sure to edit config.plist to change serial number to get app store working
Dowload and configure nullethernet.kext to get iMessage working

Hard work Credited to:
Anonymous countribution (https://github.com/wjz304/Hackintosh-EFI-Lenovo-Yoga-910-13IKB)
Graphic fix thanks to Edd1024

Attachments

• 10.15.4.zip
    36.5 MB · Views: 688
Last edited:
I am writing this guide will update it soon

Grab the EFI folder corresponding to your OS version you wanna install
Note:Not my EFI folder Not my work

Mojave works fully
Catalina is work in progress

Issues:
The graphics card sows up 31M ram
backlight brightness is not working
Wifi not working
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Any update on this guide? I have been looking for a guide for the yoga910!!

I have a Yoga 910 fully working with Catalina. Even the screen rotates automagically. If you wish I'll give you the EFI, it works very well for me so far.
Would love the EFI

Here we go...
Pls create your own SMBIOS...

First of all THANK YOU!!!
I´m a newb and after many days, hours, strugling too make this work i´ve finally done it!
My Yoga is running Catalina! Yeah!!!!

Sinceraly, i don´t have the skills to do this, and i almost gave up many times...

Thank You Edd for Your work, and also all the others that contributed, because it helped me to achieve this.

Almost everything is working (no sound, wifi,...) and now i´m afraid to mess up all the work....

I´m reading and trying to learn how to go further but i think it´s too much for me.

Managed to dual boot windows 10 and catalina from my new 512 Gb Samsung 970 Evo, but i would like to have some sound on Catalina!

Can someone help please?

Well, glad to hear I was able to help. As for the WiFi you might need to replace the stock WiFi module as it might not be supported by MacOS. Sometimes Lenovo does use compatible Broadcom modules but I've seen those rather in their older laptops.

I'm surprised the sound is not working, actually that is a no-brainer and probably quite easy to fix with AppleALC.

Thank you! I´ll try it!;)
Any guide you would recommend?

Check original EFI use voodoo sound kext
Do not update that as it will break sound
Could someone help to lower brigtness in mac as default is too bright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back