Intel HD 3000 | Intel HD 5000 | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M 2989 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[GUIDE 5330m] Almost Fully Working 10.8 (ML) on HP ProBook 53

Just wanted to contribute this guide back to the community since I've learned a lot from here. Special thanks to AtomeX for the 5330m kexts. See below for all required attachments!

First of all, I had to create my own patched DSDT because I couldn't find another person on this site with my particular model 5330m. This DSDT SHOULD work for all 5330m with these specs:

Product Number: A7K00UT#ABA
BIOS: 68SFF Ver. F.22
Processor: Core i3-2350m
RAM: 3 GB (I swapped out the RAM)
HD: 300 GB (I swapped out the hard drive)
Video Card: Intel HD 3000
Wireless: HP Broadcom 43224 802.11 A/G/N (I heard this one doesn't work, so I bought an ASUS USB-N10 wireless adapter and it works great with ML)

1. Create a USB with your paid OSX ML app using UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.2

Link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132

2. Boot up with the UniBeast USB (F9) and select your Unibeast USB Installer/parition and type "-v -x UseKernelCache=no -f" boot flags and hit enter. (Type the boot flags without the quotations)

3. Use Disk Utility to partition your hard drive as you wish. I have it partitioned into 3 parts - 1st partition OSX ML (HFS Journaled), 2nd partition Windows 7 (FAT), and 3rd partition for Data (exFat). You can use a GUID Partition Table (GPT) since Windows 7 supports GPT with ease.

4. Start the installation once the partitioning is finished. Installation takes roughly 10 minutes and it will restart automatically once it finishes.

5. Boot from UniBeast USB (F9) again and select your newly created ML OSX partition and boot with "-v -x UseKernelCache=no -f DSDT=null" flags.

6. Download the Extra.zip, 5330m 10.8 Kexts/Scripts.zip, Tools.zip, RTL8192SU_MacOS10.7.ver1082.zip (only if you have the ASUS USB-N10 USB) below this post.
** I suggest you download these first and put them on your UniBeast USB so you have them prepared since you won't have internet access when you are booted up**

7. Install Chimera 1.11.0 onto your ML OSX partition. Copy the Extra folder (extracted from Extra.zip) to your ML OSX partition. Use Kext Wizard to install all the Kexts in the 5330m 10.8 Kext/Scripts folder (extracted from 5330m 10.8 Kexts/Scripts.zip).

8. The final step is to patch AppleACPIPlatform.kext - open up terminal and type "sudo -s" then type in your password. Drag patch-ahci-mlion into the terminal screen and execute (hit enter).

9. I've provided two useful apps in the "Tool" folder - hwmonitor to monitor your computer temperatures and the scroll reverser so you can have proper scrolling. You can add this to your start up programs under System Preferences --> User & Groups --> Login Items (tab) so they run automatically.

10. Reboot and enjoy your almost fully working ML!

Functionality:
Graphics: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
WiFi: Works using ASUS USB-N10 wifi adapter
Sound: Yes
Trackpad: Yes (Changed the sensitivity in System Preference to make it scroll faster)
Keyboard: Yes
USB Ports: Yes
Sleep/Wakes Up: Yes

Edit: Had to upload the kexts onto mediafire, here's the link :
http://www.mediafire.com/?6at8zpn6pgxos8p

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 665
  • Tools.zip
    1 MB · Views: 554
Where i can download extra.zip?

I have the 5320m with Corei5 (M450) and installation did not start for me :( Any Idea? :O

BIOS Settings or something like that?

Do you create the Stick with Notebook support and/or USB ?

It hangs at: com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address.... and noting happens after that :((

Small Edit:

After hangup i have a cmos reset ;(

New update: i copy the extra folder to the installation stick and got now a "Still waiting for root device" ... >_<

noone ? :/

try re-making your usb installation stick using unibeast 1.5.2 selecting laptop support (if that option is still there)

then if your boot still hangs, try a different usb port

Already tries..

"Still waiting for root device" on every USB-Port

Already tries..

"Still waiting for root device" on every USB-Port

I don't think i5-450M processor is well supported in OSX.
Search the forum for 450M to see how others are installing and what versions work with it.

My solution: I requested an 5330m ProBook :D Will see... (mostly same hardware, will see.. updates following)

PS: i5-450m should work since lion without any special bootflag (thats what the search results saying to me)

Okay, the 5330 works perfect (installation)... so iam happy :D

My solution: I requested an 5330m ProBook :D Will see... (mostly same hardware, will see.. updates following)

PS: i5-450m should work since lion without any special bootflag (thats what the search results saying to me)

Okay, the 5330 works perfect (installation)... so iam happy :D

Nice! :) Anyways, for the 5320m that you have - you will need to generate your own dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml to get everything working. This dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml in the Extra folder is ONLY for the system I posted above. As for the CMOS reset bug, you will need AppleRTC.kext or the proper CMOS reset fix in your DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back