Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 4530s] Lion --> Mountain Lion Upgrade Method - WiFi, Bluetooth, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I followed the guide and did the upgrade and managed to boot into Mountain Lion and everything seemed to be working.
I used it for around 40 mins with no issues at all but then when I shut down and tried booting in again I got the the grey box with the white circle with the cross.
I have booted in verbose and it stopped at the point shown in the photo.
I wondered if anyone knows what the cause was and how to solve it?

Attachments

• IMG_7544.jpg
    IMG_7544.jpg
    788 KB · Views: 278
Hey guys, I followed the guide and did the upgrade and managed to boot into Mountain Lion and everything seemed to be working.
I used it for around 40 mins with no issues at all but then when I shut down and tried booting in again I got the the grey box with the white circle with the cross.
I have booted in verbose and it stopped at the point shown in the photo.
I wondered if anyone knows what the cause was and how to solve it?

You probably need the AHCI Patch. Some of us 4530s owners need it and some don't. I've attached it below. Try booting with -f and you should be able to get booted. Once you have booted just double click on the patch and it will open a terminal window. Enter your password and it will be installed. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• patch-ahci-mlion.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 109
I already ran the patch on install i'm afraid.
I ran Teezee's newest installer and it has booted up this morning with no problems, though that's not to say I definitely won't have a repeat performance.
I will obviously post back if I do, but the point is if someone else follows this guide as I did there's a possibility they may encounter the same problem.
Maybe the original post should be edited to say that the new installer should be used as it is now ML compatible?

My current bugs on a fresh install of ML using moparrebellion & Booya method:

Sound control is broken
- When using the sound icon in the top 'task bar' I either get 100% or 0%.
- When using the sound control in the system properties I get 50% to 100%. Anything under 50% is 0%.

Ethernet
- Only works at t10 half duplex manual configuration. Works at t1000 in Lion.
- Does not always detect. A reboot fixes it though.

SSD:
- Trim enabler does not work. Works in Lion.

Wifi:
- only connects at 65m. AR5B195 is a 300mbps card.

****** FIRST AND FOREMOST THANK YOU BOOYA*******

My system specs:

Probook 4530s
Standard screen
i3 2330m
8gb RAM
Intel HD 3000
Bios Version F20

Software I used:

ProBook Installer v4
UniBoot 1.5.1 ML
The Kexts attatched to this guide

What you need to already have for this to work:

A fully functional Lion install. This means your WiFi, BT, gestures, keyboard, etc need to be working in Lion. Think of this as the "foundation" for the install. Weak foundation = problems down the road, so make sure its right before you proceed.

NOTE: The process Im describing in this thread did NOT remove any of my apps or user data (files in /User/Documents, Downloads, etc). Your results may vary. All I am saying is that Ive run through this twice and it did not seem to harm my data or files or apps in any way. Sophisticated apps may need reinstallation. Again, your results may vary. A backup is sometimes literally worth its weight in gold.
Procedure:

1. Once again, verify you have a fully working Lion install. Check WiFi and BT especially. Make sure gestures work (scrolling, flipping thru Launch Pad).

2. Using your LEGIT PURCHASED App Store Mountain Lion installer and UniBoot 1.5.1, proceed to create your bootable installation media.

3. Boot into the setup (on my system i did not need ANY flags to get into setup) and complete the installation right over top of your existing Lion install. (In other words, don't use Disk Utility to change anything, just choose your existing disk where Lion is already installed.

4. When setup completes, reboot. Leave your USB drive connected. When the UniBoot loader appears on screen, Now choose your Mountain Lion disk instead of the Installer (or USB or whatever you named it). It is a good idea to use a -v boot flag, just so that incase it does hang, you can see where its occurring.

5. Most likely, your machine will hang. If it does, reboot again, and now boot with a -x boot flag. This SHOULD get you to desktop.

6. Run ProBook installer 4 and choose the following:
- OSX version 10.7.4
- Ethernet
- Bluetooth
- DSDT and SSDT for the bios and cpu for your HP
- System definition 8,2
-Install the entire Extra Tools (or Tools) package.
Complete the pro book v4 installer BUT DONT REBOOT!

- DO NOT REBOOT.

7. Run Chimera 1.11.0
8. Use kext wizard to install the two kexts within the zip attached to this post.
9. Double click the script to patch your ahci bus with a 200ms delay (to prevent card reader from hanging up[see:waiting for root device])
10. Use kext wizard to fix disk permission and rebuild cache
11. Done. Reboot. No flag needed and everything work as with Lion.
Best of luck!

UPDATE 1: Just tested, HDMI output to TV including Audio are working just fine for me.
UPDATE 2: two finger gestures [scrolling left and right in launch pad and two finger scrolling] all working.
Hmm, I have HDMI video but NOT audio, there is no device for selecting. Did I miss something?

Nevermind, I got it working with BigDonkey patched kext. Well done every body!

OK so I used the install for a few hours with no problems and after work I tried booting and it came with the same problem.
I tried booting with -f and it logged in but now my bluetooth appears not to be working any more though now my trackpad is recognised.

Hi

I have finished installing and am at the part where you use -x to get into safe mode. 1 out of 10 times i am able to get into ML using this. When i successfully do, the computer shows a kernal panic before i get a chance to actually install anything. Any Help Please

This is the guide that I used to install mountain lion so i figured that I would ask here... My laptop has been charging and is stuck at 97%, when I try to shutdown my laptop it restarts, my optical drive doesn't work, and when I try to type mountain it always shoots me over to my dashboard. How can I fix these problems?

Did you ever find any solutions to your problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back