Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 4530s] Lion --> Mountain Lion Upgrade Method - WiFi, Bluetooth, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works 100% all?

no sound

With your help i manage to boot with my laptop and everything is running smooth except i have no sound at all. Installed ML two days ago with unibeast 1.4 and MacbookPro Installer 5.01b CLI and no one sound driver is loaded. Any suggestion is welcome !!!!

Graphical Glitches

So as far as a 100% working install, everyone's still experiencing the graphical glitches?
How about persons with only 4gb stock ram?
*Sorry, reread first post... NO graphical glitches!?

my Ethernet disappeared. anyone have a suggestion on how to get it back?

It is not in the networking system preferences menu and when i click to the + button, it is not listed.
It is also not listed under system information.

Works like a charm as far as I can tell so far (haven't checked Ethernet/card reader/USB 3.0 yet though). Also, it should be noted that my previously installed programs and settings seem to have survived the upgrade. Even things like saved passwords. Thanks a lot!

What graphical glitches should I be experiencing?

Sorry to hijack your thread here but booting in -f mode will make your trackpad work but your sd carder will not and not to mention the graphic glitches is so bad it leave your screen unless. The graphic fix will not work. And -v flag, who would want to see texts scrolling up the screen for 5 minutes.
Since you use the probook installer that replaces ML AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, You will need this along with the patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Give this a go, no boot flag needed.

Get the kexts from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/61504-hp-probook-4530s-mountain-lion-process.html .

1. Get the patch patch-ahci that aschewe posted on page 1 post #3. This will be needed to get SD card reader working without hanging on waiting for root device.
2. Get the two kexts that Gerard71 posted on page 3 post #24.
3. Chimera 1.11.0

post install.
1. Run ProBook installer 4 and choose the following:
- OSX version 10.7.4
- Ethernet
- Bluetooth
- DSDT and SSDT for the bios and cpu for your HP
- System definition 8,2
- Any tool you want. Kext wizard recommended to install kexts and rebuild cache
- DO NOT REBOOT.
3. Run Chimera 1.11.0
4. Use kext wizard to install the two kexts Gerard71 posted.
5. Double click the patch-achi that aschewe posted.
6. Use kext wizard to fix disk permission and rebuild cache
7. Done. Reboot. No flag needed and everything work as with Lion.

I just wanted to thank everyone... this made upgrading soooooo much easier!!! Great work!

With your help i manage to boot with my laptop and everything is running smooth except i have no sound at all. Installed ML two days ago with unibeast 1.4 and MacbookPro Installer 5.01b CLI and no one sound driver is loaded. Any suggestion is welcome !!!!

Use kext wizard to install this to replace your AppleHDA.kext

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back