Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 4530s] Lion --> Mountain Lion Upgrade Method - WiFi, Bluetooth, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that you don't use the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext as you find vanilla one works fine for your purposes.
What does it means? Can you explain better please?

You said that you don't use the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext as you find vanilla one works fine for your purposes.
What does it means? Can you explain better please?

The patched version enables VGA and for some people helps HDMI work better. I'm using HDMI to a external monitor (Dell u2410) and it seems to work just fine with the stock/unpatched/vanilla version. So, to me, it is an option... use it if you have to, otherwise better to run stock kexts instead of patched ones.

I'm completely agree with you. Better to run stock kexts instead of patched ones.
I'm on 10.8.2 now and I didn't need the patched AppleHDA from bigdonkey. The audio was already working.
The problem was that it wasn't recognize my trackpad and keyboard, but I booted with -f flag, get into montain lion desktop, launched kext installer to repair permissions and cache and now booting normally everything is working like a charm!

Thank you again RehabMan. You Rock!

I should note that if you use the Probook installer after installing the 10.8.2 combo update, you will get a patched 10.8.1 AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext because it is included in the installer's 10.8.1 option. Unless you take special care to make a backup of the vanilla 10.8.2 kext, you will be running with a patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for 10.8.1 on your 10.8.2 system. I think it works, but better to run the patched version specifically for your system or vanilla...

I'm completely agree with you. Better to run stock kexts instead of patched ones.
I'm on 10.8.2 now and I didn't need the patched AppleHDA from bigdonkey. The audio was already working.
The problem was that it wasn't recognize my trackpad and keyboard, but I booted with -f flag, get into montain lion desktop, launched kext installer to repair permissions and cache and now booting normally everything is working like a charm!

Thank you again RehabMan. You Rock!

You didn't need patched AppleHDA.kext because you used the Probook installer after your upgrade and it overwrote your vanilla 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext with a patched 10.8.1 AppleHDA.kext. So, you're running patched AppleHDA.kext. It is necessary to get audio working. Better to install the 10.8.2 patched version if you're on 10.8.2.

Ok, I have installed both files from bigdonkey! It's a pleasure for me to share informations with this fantastic community!
One last question, the dual boot with Windows 7. I have already tried before starting with Mountain Lion on the whole disk. I used disk utility, went to the partition tab, click on the plus (+) button, added one more partition, named and formatted in FAT32. When I rebooted the system with the windows 7 cd in, I have installed windows 7 losing the chimera bootloader. so I booted with unibeast usb stick to get in Mountain Lion desktop and from there I installed chimera bootloader using multibeast. The problem was that chimera wasn't recognize the windows 7 partition.. So no way to complete the dual boot.
I hope I have explained everything well and that you have any suggestions, please.

Thank you RehabMan!

Ok, I have installed both files from bigdonkey! It's a pleasure for me to share informations with this fantastic community!
One last question, the dual boot with Windows 7. I have already tried before starting with Mountain Lion on the whole disk. I used disk utility, went to the partition tab, click on the plus (+) button, added one more partition, named and formatted in FAT32. When I rebooted the system with the windows 7 cd in, I have installed windows 7 losing the chimera bootloader. so I booted with unibeast usb stick to get in Mountain Lion desktop and from there I installed chimera bootloader using multibeast. The problem was that chimera wasn't recognize the windows 7 partition.. So no way to complete the dual boot.
I hope I have explained everything well and that you have any suggestions, please.

Thank you RehabMan!

You probably need to run Ubuntu and use gptsync to rebuild your hybrid MBR. See my blog for instructions on doing that... I wrote a full Win7/Win8/Lion/Ubuntu guide there.

Ok RehabMan I will read your precious informations.
I have installed the 10.8.2 supplemental update and when I rebooted the system and reached the desktop, the keyboard and the trackpad did not work and I had a little graphical glitch. So I rebooted normally and everything now is working well (I didn't do anything, just reboot). Maybe is better that I install the graphical glitches fix from the probook installer? I don't know, because now everything is ok.

Just some quick more questions please:

Which browser I have to use? Safari or Chrome?
Which program I have to use for the Zip, 7z and RAR files? On windows I was using WinRAR but on Mac I don't know.
Which color profile I have to choose for the monitor? The one I have now shows the blu colors like violet.

Thanks Mentor!

1.its your choice?!
2.I use UnRarX
3.i think "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" is the best (FOR ME), but again:its your choice

Thank you schinkengott, but I'd like to know what RehabMan recommend me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back