Contribute
Register

[ Guide 4530s ] Fresh Mountain Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you install the AHCI patch??

How do you install the AHCI patch??

Just double click on it. It will automatically open a terminal window. Then just enter your password and you're done.

Ok this is Mountain Lion my HP Probook 4530s

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.15.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.15.38 PM.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 346
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.15.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.15.48 PM.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 306
Ok this is Mountain Lion my HP Probook 4530s

Good to hear you are up an running. Did you use the method on this thread?

Ok, here is the method I have used to get my ProBook 4530s up and running well.

First, thanks to IOSBeast and aslvda Boot 0: fix and USB 3.0 Fix.

1. Make install flash drive with Unibeast 1.5.2 Mountain Lion Version

2. Boot with Install Flash Drive

3. After install boot into Mountain Lion Partition

4. Install Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" (File attached below)

5. Run ProBook Installer Version 4. Select OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, Select your proper DSDT, SSDT, and system definition

6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. (See attached Install zip for kexts)

7. Resart and you should be good to go

8. If you can't boot without Unibeast drive and get the Boot 0: Error search for boot 0 error on google.

Just wanted to be clear on what is not working as well. I believe these are things that nobody has working.

1. Radeon Card is detected by System Report as listed below but it is not supported at this point.
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000

2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.

So far everything else seems to be working pretty well including SD Card Reader. I have done this install several times to insure success. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or notice anything not working. Again, thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and forum.

thanks Finally it work

Can i make a Mountain Lion with Unibeast 1.5.2 from a Leopard 10.5.6 ????? when i did the same for Lion it hangs in the middle of it.

Thanks

Can i make a Mountain Lion with Unibeast 1.5.2 from a Leopard 10.5.6 ????? when i did the same for Lion it hangs in the middle of it.

Thanks

I believe you have to have 10.6.8 or above to make the flash drive.

Yeahhhh!

I have my Snow leopard 10.6.8 working !!!!!!!, of course not the wifii since my model has a Realtek, the problem was that i had to completely erase the hard disk (no Windows at all) to make the SL dvd boot, still need to make the video glitches dissapear since sometimes the screen is a real mess.-- Now making the USB istaller of the Lion with unibeast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back