Contribute
Register

[ Guide 4530s ] Fresh Mountain Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is the method I have used to get my ProBook 4530s up and running well.

First, thanks to IOSBeast and aslvda Boot 0: fix and USB 3.0 Fix.

1. Make install flash drive with Unibeast 1.5.2 Mountain Lion Version

2. Boot with Install Flash Drive

3. After install boot into Mountain Lion Partition

4. Install Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" (File attached below)

5. Run ProBook Installer Version 4. Select OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, Select your proper DSDT, SSDT, and system definition

6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. (See attached Install zip for kexts)

7. Resart and you should be good to go

8. If you can't boot without Unibeast drive and get the Boot 0: Error follow this link for the fix( How to fix the boot0 error for your Hackintosh )

Just wanted to be clear on what is not working as well. I believe these are things that nobody has working.

1. Radeon Card is detected by System Report as listed below but it is not supported at this point.
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000

2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.

So far everything else seems to be working pretty well including SD Card Reader. I have done this install several times to insure success. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or notice anything not working. Again, thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and forum.

I've was able to compress the "install zip" file more now so the IOUSBFamily.kext is now included. No need to search for it elsewhere.

valy11 put some screen shot to see all how look mountain lion on your HP 4530s.

Whats the purpose of installing these?

6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. (See attached Install zip for kexts)

Thanks,
A.

First three are for USB 3.0, IOath3k is for bluetooth, and SNBGraphics is for graphics glitch problems.

Hello goksi75,
it looks like a mountain lion installed on my HP Probook 4530S
Look at the attachment

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 7.04.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 7.04.29 PM.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 491
Hello goksi75,
it looks like a mountain lion installed on my HP Probook 4530S
Look at the attachment

OK nice I will follow you,thanks mate.

ML--Easy installation...great OS

I have been running some flavor of OSX since osx86 10.4.3 on a Sony Viao laptop...then to 10.4.5...a change in laptop to a IBM Thinkpad R51 running 10.4.5...then to 10.4.8 and then 10.4.11...on to 10.5.2...10.5.5...10.5.8...then to a Dell mini running 10.6.3..and then 10.6.6. In January, after much research, I purchased an HP Probook 4530s with i3...added 4GB of ram to 8GB..and replaced the hard drive with 500GB. I installed Lion 10.7.1...10.7.3...10.7.4...using the tonymacx86 method with the Probook Installer. When ML DP1 came out, I installed it using techerra method and it ran beautifully...after getting the kexts I needed...since then ML DP2, DP3, DP4 and update, ML GM and now a fresh copy of the retail release using the new method from tonymacx86. I'm very pleased with the result...everything is working(even BT)...even seems to be faster than GM release...maybe just my imagination...but an awesome OS (I know that word is overused, but it is!!!) Thanks to all who had a part in making this an easy installation and thanks for the Probook Installer v.4. Good luck to those who give this a try!!!!

I have been running some flavor of OSX since osx86 10.4.3 on a Sony Viao laptop...then to 10.4.5...a change in laptop to a IBM Thinkpad R51 running 10.4.5...then to 10.4.8 and then 10.4.11...on to 10.5.2...10.5.5...10.5.8...then to a Dell mini running 10.6.3..and then 10.6.6. In January, after much research, I purchased an HP Probook 4530s with i3...added 4GB of ram to 8GB..and replaced the hard drive with 500GB. I installed Lion 10.7.1...10.7.3...10.7.4...using the tonymacx86 method with the Probook Installer. When ML DP1 came out, I installed it using techerra method and it ran beautifully...after getting the kexts I needed...since then ML DP2, DP3, DP4 and update, ML GM and now a fresh copy of the retail release using the new method from tonymacx86. I'm very pleased with the result...everything is working(even BT)...even seems to be faster than GM release...maybe just my imagination...but an awesome OS (I know that word is overused, but it is!!!) Thanks to all who had a part in making this an easy installation and thanks for the Probook Installer v.4. Good luck to those who give this a try!!!!

Absolutely!!! I could write those words one each other. This OS is awesome!! And this forum is the top of hackintohs world!!! And yes, ML works perfectly on my Probook with the method suscribed in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back