HD 3000 / 6490M
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update:

Anyone finding my Guide here should now follow Tegezee's thread HP Probook Installer 4.1B1
Tegezee put together the ProBook v.4 Installer for Lion and is currently releasing beta versions for Mountain Lion. So check out his thread and post your results if you use it.

Ok, here is the method I have used to get my ProBook 4530s up and running well.

First, thanks to IOSBeast and aslvda Boot 0: fix and USB 3.0 Fix.

1. Make install flash drive with Unibeast 1.5.2 Mountain Lion Version

2. Boot with Install Flash Drive

3. After install boot into Mountain Lion Partition

4. Install Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" (File attached below)

5. Run ProBook Installer Version 4. Select OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, Select your proper DSDT, SSDT, and system definition

6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. (See attached Install zip for kexts)

7. Resart and you should be good to go

8. If you can't boot without Unibeast drive and get the Boot 0: Error search for boot 0 error on google.

Just wanted to be clear on what is not working as well. I believe these are things that nobody has working.

1. Radeon Card is detected by System Report as listed below but it is not supported at this point.
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000

2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.

So far everything else seems to be working pretty well including SD Card Reader. I have done this install several times to insure success. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or notice anything not working. Again, thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and forum.

Attachments

• Install.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,426
  • Install Screenshot.jpg
    Install Screenshot.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 1,509
Very nice! Thanks!

I made a successful fresh installation of ML having failed to update my Lion 10.7.4 to ML
Laptop HP Probook 4530 S
Processor - i3 - 2100 GHz
4GB RAM
Video Card - Intel HD 3000
HDD - 640 GB
DVD
USB 2
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Bios F20

I've done following steps:
1. Created Unibeast 1.5.1 Mountain Lion Version USB drive
2. Booted the Unibeast Installation
3. From disk utilities did partition named ML
4. Installed ML on ML disk and after the installation rebooted again from USB Unibeast 1.5.1
5. Now choose ML disk and boot without any flags
6. After completing the installation and get to the desktop screen,
installed Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" from user aschewe
7. Then I ran ProBook Installer Version 4. Selected OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera 1.10,
Ethernet Kext instaler, Bluetooth, DSDT for 5430S HD 3000,
System Definition 8.1 (I have no graphical glitches), Extra Tools
8. Rebooted and recognised that nearly everything is working!

Working:

WI-FI
Ethernet
Bluetooth
Audio
USB 2.0 ports
DVD drive
Sleep mode
Trackpad with 2 finger scroll gesture
Control buttons for brightness and loudness
Battery info (% of battery)
Cardreader I have not tested and do not know if it works

After testing several modes of sleep and waking, everything works perfectly.

without installing the other kext. Used only HP Probook Instaler 4

It happened once a trouble-free

Good luck!

I made a successful fresh installation of ML having failed to update my Lion 10.7.4 to ML
Laptop HP Probook 4530 S
Processor - i3 - 2100 GHz
4GB RAM
Video Card - Intel HD 3000
HDD - 640 GB
DVD
USB 2
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Bios F20

I've done following steps:
1. Created Unibeast 1.5.1 Mountain Lion Version USB drive
2. Booted the Unibeast Installation
3. From disk utilities did partition named ML
4. Installed ML on ML disk and after the installation rebooted again from USB Unibeast 1.5.1
5. Now choose ML disk and boot without any flags
6. After completing the installation and get to the desktop screen,
installed Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" from user aschewe
7. Then I ran ProBook Installer Version 4. Selected OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera 1.10,
Ethernet Kext instaler, Bluetooth, DSDT for 5430S HD 3000,
System Definition 8.1 (I have no graphical glitches), Extra Tools
8. Rebooted and recognised that nearly everything is working!

Working:

WI-FI
Ethernet
Bluetooth
Audio
Cardreader
USB 2.0 ports
DVD drive
Sleep mode
Trackpad with 2 finger scroll gesture
Control buttons for brightness and loudness
Battery info (% of battery)
Card reader I have not tested and do not know if it works

After testing several modes of sleep and waking, everything works perfectly.

without installing the other kext. Used only HP Probook Instaler 4

It happened once a trouble-free

Good luck!

Good to hear! Hope you are enjoying it.

Will it work for a newbie?

Hi!

I was planning on buying a 4530s in a couple of weeks to load with Lion, but now that I can't get Lion I'm a little worried!!

Based on what you two have said it doesn't look like it was all that hard, but do you think it's safe for a newbie to try? If I were still able to get Lion I would just go ahead with that and worry about ML after I had some experience, but it doesn't look like I'm that lucky.

Hi!

I was planning on buying a 4530s in a couple of weeks to load with Lion, but now that I can't get Lion I'm a little worried!!

Based on what you two have said it doesn't look like it was all that hard, but do you think it's safe for a newbie to try? If I were still able to get Lion I would just go ahead with that and worry about ML after I had some experience, but it doesn't look like I'm that lucky.

I wouldn't worry. The installation process is very close to the lion installation. I've been experimenting with hackintoshs' for a couple of years now and this was by far the easiest installation i've done so far. As this laptop has it is own sub forum there will continue to be a lot of support for it. If you decide to go for it keep us posted on your progress and ask questions as needed. Good Luck!

step 6 says to install all these .kext
is this because they are not in the probook 4 installer?

what if we use the version 3 installer (from Tony i believe)?

i just don't remember installing all these .kext manually before, and honestly probably won't know how to do it, or if i need to do it etc.

i wish these were included somehow in installer (maybe i ask for too much) :)

step 6 says to install all these .kext
is this because they are not in the probook 4 installer?

what if we use the version 3 installer (from Tony i believe)?

i just don't remember installing all these .kext manually before, and honestly probably won't know how to do it, or if i need to do it etc.

i wish these were included somehow in installer (maybe i ask for too much) :)

The additional kexts are the most updated kexts for mountain lion. They add bluetooth functionality, usb 3.0, and a fix for screen glitches. Most of us have needed these kexts to get everything working but it depends a little bit on you exact hardware. The probook version 4 installer will get you close and should get you a running system. I would just stop after step 5 and reboot and see what is working or not working and go from there. If you think you do need some additional kexts to get things working after that you can try kext wizard. It's really simplifies the process and I can write you a guide on it if you need it. I expect someone will come up with a version 5 installer in the near future that will simplify the process but this method isn't too bad and gets the job done.Keep us posted on your progress.

thx.. i will research how to install .kext

I wouldn't worry. The installation process is very close to the lion installation. I've been experimenting with hackintoshs' for a couple of years now and this was by far the easiest installation i've done so far. As this laptop has it is own sub forum there will continue to be a lot of support for it. If you decide to go for it keep us posted on your progress and ask questions as needed. Good Luck!

That's exactly why I picked this laptop, I just thought being as new to this as I am that I'd be safer going with something that has been tested by so many people. I guess I'm going to take the plunge! I'm sure I'll be poking around here throughout. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back