- Dec 20, 2011
- HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT
- Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
How do you install the AHCI patch??
Ok, here is the method I have used to get my ProBook 4530s up and running well.
First, thanks to IOSBeast and aslvda Boot 0: fix and USB 3.0 Fix.
1. Make install flash drive with Unibeast 1.5.2 Mountain Lion Version
2. Boot with Install Flash Drive
3. After install boot into Mountain Lion Partition
4. Install Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" (File attached below)
5. Run ProBook Installer Version 4. Select OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, Select your proper DSDT, SSDT, and system definition
6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. (See attached Install zip for kexts)
7. Resart and you should be good to go
8. If you can't boot without Unibeast drive and get the Boot 0: Error search for boot 0 error on google.
Just wanted to be clear on what is not working as well. I believe these are things that nobody has working.
1. Radeon Card is detected by System Report as listed below but it is not supported at this point.
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000
2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.
So far everything else seems to be working pretty well including SD Card Reader. I have done this install several times to insure success. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or notice anything not working. Again, thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and forum.