Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i followed the guide...had no trouble getting the hinges off...it was putting them back on that was the problem for me and thats when they broke

i think if i were to do it again i wouldnt have so much trouble now that i understand the how all the stuff is put together a bit better...

by the way, replacement hinge covers cost $55 at least from HP, so they aren't cheap to replace, the hinge covers i broke on mine are in place, just a bit loose...doesnt affect how the lid closes on the computer

i am waiting for laptop screens.com to get a new supply of the AUO4 panels...then i will return this one that has the red ghosting and hopefully get one that is in good working order

so maybe i will shell out for some hinge covers from hp at the time i come to replace the faulty screen - other than cosmetic, are they functional in any other way?

I wouldn't waste money on new covers, just use some blue tack to hold them in place. They're only cosmetic!

I bought a version 5 AUO B156HW01 from www.screen-shop.net. They have stock with no dead pixels.

I just ordered B156HW01 V.4, 15,6" from screen-shop.net directly (not their ebay site). As mentioned above on their site they claim 0% dead pixel guarantee and it was eur 2 cheaper ;-)

Wil keep you posted!

It was the v4 screen that I bought. I was getting confused in my previous post because I have fitted various other AUO screens for other people. Too be honest the v4 screen looks the worst to me. Reds and greens are especially inaccurate. But this is without a calibrated profile.

brummymax

is there a way to calibrate the profile other than the built in osx method?....i agree with you about the reds/greens etc....horrible

there just doesnt seem to be anyway of turning down the saturation within osx (not that i can see anyway)

Everything has arrived, now I need to find some time.

One thing I am not 100% sure of. If I messed up the 1080p aml file, will I be able to fix that (at least boot and use desktop?) If I cant see a thing in OSX then I'd have to remount the old display to fix that?

Everything has arrived, now I need to find some time.

One thing I am not 100% sure of. If I messed up the 1080p aml file, will I be able to fix that (at least boot and use desktop?) If I cant see a thing in OSX then I'd have to remount the old display to fix that?

Without the right DSDT and the 1080p screen it is a little hard to fix things. The only way is to remove /S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and boot with "-f" (ignore caches) or to get the proper DSDT in place. Obviously, doing that after the problem is discovered is a little tricky because you need another computer to modify your Unibeast flash drive, or HDD.

Thanks. Now editted my own file on mac. Will try the dsdt via windows as well just to be sure then.

Booting with another aml file itself is possible with new screen on (there is an image I assume, just not after you have fully booted, right?)

Without the right DSDT and the 1080p screen it is a little hard to fix things. The only way is to remove /S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and boot with "-f" (ignore caches) or to get the proper DSDT in place. Obviously, doing that after the problem is discovered is a little tricky because you need another computer to modify your Unibeast flash drive, or HDD.

Thanks. Now editted my own file on mac. Will try the dsdt via windows as well just to be sure then.

If you have another Mac or Hack you can fix whatever problem you might run into, because you can make mods to your Unibeast flash or the HDD directly (if you can connect two drives, or have a USB enclosure, etc.)

Booting with another aml file itself is possible with new screen on (there is an image I assume, just not after you have fully booted, right?)

I'm not sure what you mean. You will see the Chimera screen, but when you go to boot your OS X install you get garbled or black screen w/o proper DSDT and w/ AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext installed. I've heard of people making it through a fresh install using the garbled screen, but I can't imagine it was easy...

You could test your DSDT prior to replacing the screen, by booting with the new DSDT and old screen. If you have a working system with the old screen, then you don't have the DSDT correct for the 1080p one. If you have a garbled standard screen, then it is probably right for the 1080p...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back