Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just swapped my display out and it looks great. However now i only have wifi access if i stand 2 feet from my access point?

Time to take it back apart. Whats the most common mistake or issue with the wifi wires?

i just swapped my display out and it looks great. However now i only have wifi access if i stand 2 feet from my access point?

Time to take it back apart. Whats the most common mistake or issue with the wifi wires?

First start at the card itself. Make sure the wires for the antenna are still attached to the wifi card.

If they are, follow them up to make sure they are in the right spot and nothing is crimping them

Lastly check the area inside the display casing next to the webcam. You may have noticed aluminium sheets with wires soldered on. That's the wifi antenna. Make sure everything is as it should be there (soldered on properly and undamaged).

Good luck

i am trying to decide whether to keep an XU018UT i5 2410m or an A7K06UT i3 2350. these exact models don't line up with the grid from this guide for BOTH a core i7 and a 1080p screen option. anyone know if i can upgrade to both core i7 and 1080p screen on either one of those models?

am i reading this right? is the AUO 1080p screen tied to the XU0XXXX models and the LG 1080p screen tied to the A7KXXXX models? or are these a few of the successes and combinations from the 4530s series? is the i7 2720qm only going to work with the A7KXXXX models? no core i7's in the XU0XXXX

thanks a lot to everyone reading.

i am trying to decide whether to keep an XU018UT i5 2410m or an A7K06UT i3 2350. these exact models don't line up with the grid from this guide for BOTH a core i7 and a 1080p screen option. anyone know if i can upgrade to both core i7 and 1080p screen on either one of those models?

am i reading this right? is the AUO 1080p screen tied to the XU0XXXX models and the LG 1080p screen tied to the A7KXXXX models? or are these a few of the successes and combinations from the 4530s series? is the i7 2720qm only going to work with the A7KXXXX models? no core i7's in the XU0XXXX

thanks a lot to everyone reading.

I don't think that's the way the first post meant, theses are only the first confirmed upgrades. Any compatible screen will work, but people think the AUO v.4 is the most beautiful one.

What do I need to take apart to get at the video cable on the machine side?

I have looked on YouTube but only see videos on how to remove the screen and not cable itself.

Thanks
A.

Fast version:
you need to remove the keyboard and the top of the laptop. They are several videos how to do it on HP website for 4530S in self-repair section.

Long read:
Info is buried in this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/37084-upgrading-laptop-screen-1080p.html

Hi,

You can add a line in the table for the A7K06UT. I followed the excellent guide last night with the same parts as the A7K05UT and it works fine. I used the patched DSDT from the ProBook installer just for ease.

Its a massive improvement!

Rich

I have a 4530s A7K06UT and want to upgrade to the B156HW01 v4 panel. Am I correct to assume that the modification of the DSDT is NOT required for booting into Windows 7? For windows it's just a "simple" changeout of the hardware and no software/bios mods will be necessary? Thanks.

I have a 4530s A7K06UT and want to upgrade to the B156HW01 v4 panel. Am I correct to assume that the modification of the DSDT is NOT required for booting into Windows 7? For windows it's just a "simple" changeout of the hardware and no software/bios mods will be necessary? Thanks.

Windows 7 boots fine, no other changes needed.

Just installed new b156hw01 v.7 panel, and colors are gorgeous. Rivals my pro monitor! But viewing angles aren't all that. horizontal is good for TN, though

the v.7 is the glossy version unlike the v.4 and may have a somewhat higher contrast ratio according to specs online. here is a screenshot. unfortunately, display seems more saturated in windows and the gamma appears a bit low on mac also, which i'll have to change up (cannot be seen from camera shot).

everyone can get 100% brightness out from within osx? maybe it's my mind but it appears not as bright as within windows.

1080pgd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back