Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im interested in doing this upgrade on my probook 4530s - Im struggling to find the screen though in the UK.

is is specifically the v4 screen that you must use or are other varients OK? - I have found a v7 however unsure it will be suitable.

does anyone have any links for UK stock?

I bought a screen the other day from these guys. They do next day delivery for free in the uk. http://www.lcd4laptop.co.uk/auo-b156hw01-v4-laptop-screen.html

Just some insight i might put out there if any of you guys are from the UK. You can only buy a nice clean Auo V4 screen from wholesalers now which don't have any dead pixels. Not sure about other countries.

View attachment 197144

do you have a link?? cheers

Awesome!! thanks for the fast reply :)

gonna buy one now, I have had the cable for a few years and keep putting this upgrade off!

No problem. The Auo V4 is by far a better screen than the stock 1366x768 screens which these Probooks are shipped with. Good luck on the upgrade :)

Reactions: 3ll
The screen has dead pixels. Don't recommend buying.
Do you recommend another e-shop /ebay-seller based on your experience more or less the same price?There are a lot.

Also the cable will be ok?

Thank you.

Do you recommend another e-shop /ebay-seller based on your experience more or less the same price?There are a lot.

Also the cable will be ok?

Thank you.

I bought mine mine from lcd4laptop.co.uk

Hey everyone, just completed this upgrade on my 4530s and it looks great. Unfortunately I can't control the brightness of the screen. The brightness slider and function keys still work, however.

- My laptop is an A7K05UT with an i7-2620M processor.
- I ordered a the AUO B156HW01 v4 screen from laptopscreen.com but received model #0VCM8X (appears to be identical).
- After using RehabMan's probook 4530s_hires script I installed the new screen and it booted fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back