Contribute
Register

[Guide] 2015 X1 Carbon Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important concept I did not understand: ssdtPRgen reads your current smbios settings. So you need to pick a board ID and stick with it. I was fooled into thinking I had working power management. But I was loading a table with the wrong number of states, because I had changed my board ID.

Now that I have working XCPM, everything is very stable. (I can even drive two monitors, from the mini-DP and HDMI ports.) I still need to kick the internal video on startup, either with a 750ms power button press, or a lid close open.

I will try to reproduce this state from scratch, so I can write up a guide for myself.

How did you get the Mini-DP to work? Whenever I plug mine in, the pc locks up until I force a reboot with the power button.

I don't remember whether Mini-DP works when hot-plugged. I do remember this worked:

• Power-on machine with HDMI and Mini-DP attached.
    • The power button worked.
    • Attaching AC with lid closed worked.
  • Close lid
  • Hot-plug and hot-unplug HDMI
  • ...until eventually SwitchResX freaks out :)

I am thinking about buying the One Link Pro dock, which means I am crazy. (I blame the Chromebook C720 for making me crazy.)

While you're here, could I patch the PS2 sources so I can turn off the mouse log in the Info.plist?

ETA: I'm on BIOS 1.06--are you on 1.03?

Here is my fork of the PS2 mouse project, feel free to grab it and disable my logging override.

https://github.com/jcsnider/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

I will try all those weird combinations in the next few days, I am still on bios 1.03. I may try upgrading that to see what happens.

Thanks for the kext. You rock. I need to set up a github identity if I'm going to play, but your version of RehabMan's driver is already great: why won't Apple sell me a trackpoint MBP?

Hi guys, thanks for all the info. I have been struggling for 3 nights following all this guides and comments. my computer is a 20a7. Can someone please upload all the files stored inside the clover booting drive and share?

Thanks,

Dear jcsnider, have you successful solved the audio card?

I used
Hackintosh Vietnam Tool, the internal speaker works well, however earphone has lots of noise. You can try it, maybe it's suitable for yours.

I made a kext myself and I did modified DSDT but the system cannot find the device. RehabMan let me try
CodecCommander, and i'll try it later.

Dear jcsnider, have you successful solved the audio card?

I used
Hackintosh Vietnam Tool, the internal speaker works well, however earphone has lots of noise. You can try it, maybe it's suitable for yours.

I made a kext myself and I did modified DSDT but the system cannot find the device. RehabMan let me try
CodecCommander, and i'll try it later.

Which audio codec is it?

Which audio codec is it?

alc292.

After add CodecCommander.kext, the noise has disappear, but still no sound. Maybe there still something need to be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back