Contribute
Register

[Guide] 2015 X1 Carbon Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear! :thumbup:

Super late but here is that Clover/ACPI/ folder. -- I don't think I have touched it since I wrote this guide.

Disabling that TPM chip is crucial, but my system isn't working as well as it did back in Yosemite... I am fighting many of the issues you described but haven't had time to find El Capitan patches.. eventually I will just start from scratch and pull everything from your repo :p

On a side note, does your Bluetooth work? I thought mine was at one point, but it isn't now. (I may need some of those DSDT patches... or maybe it never worked with the Intel card and I am just thinking of the short time I used the Dell card..)
Today I try my Bluetooth with a offical Magic Mouse,seems it works well.However,I still cannot connect it with my iPhone.The connection failed right after it connected.

Today I try my Bluetooth with a offical Magic Mouse,seems it works well.However,I still cannot connect it with my iPhone.The connection failed right after it connected.

iPhones are not intended to be paired. They use BT4LE.

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for the VoodooPS2Controller kext. I'm using it on my T440s running El Capitan and it works flawlessly.

@jcsnider - I told RehabMan that this kext works much better for users with Trackpoint (Lenovo laptops) over in his thread. He suggested you submit a pull request to merge it into the newest version of the driver, since this is outdated. You can read where he said there here:
http://tonymacx86.com/threads/new-v...d-clickpad-support.87182/page-93#post-1288354

Last edited:
The changes I made were very crude. Not worthy of being merged with his main branch. -- They would likely break on other laptops his kext is compatible with.

The changes I made were very crude. Not worthy of being merged with his main branch. -- They would likely break on other laptops his kext is compatible with.

Maybe there is a way to integrate the changes without breaking other laptops.
You can try...

Maybe at the very least you could take the latest version of his kext and apply his changes to that for us? So that we have his latest code but with your changes as well.

Or as RehabMan suggested, you could try to merge them into his code. Doesn't that kext allow you to use different "profiles" for different machines?

Maybe there is a way to integrate the changes without breaking other laptops.
You can try...

You're not wrong. I don't have time to do it now but I will here in a few weeks, expect a few PMs from me trying to figure out the best way to proceed.

On a side note. Do we have a list anywhere on supported NGFF (m.2) network cards. The BCM94352Z works on this laptop, but only in OSX. I don't think Broadcom releases the Windows source code to their drivers for me to debug with.

Are there any other cards that might work? Maybe an Atheros? I'm kinda grasping a straws here but at the same time I'm eyeballing that 4th gen X1 Carbon.

You're not wrong. I don't have time to do it now but I will here in a few weeks, expect a few PMs from me trying to figure out the best way to proceed.

On a side note. Do we have a list anywhere on supported NGFF (m.2) network cards. The BCM94352Z works on this laptop, but only in OSX. I don't think Broadcom releases the Windows source code to their drivers for me to debug with.

Are there any other cards that might work? Maybe an Atheros? I'm kinda grasping a straws here but at the same time I'm eyeballing that 4th gen X1 Carbon.

BCM94252Z will work on Windows. Your laptop probably has BIOS issues that may be related to the unsupported/unexpected WiFi.

I have the "DW1560" (Dell) version of this card, and I have yet to install Windows since I need another hard drive. Granted, I'm also on a Lenovo T440s. I'm worried I'll buy a new hard drive for Windows support, and the WiFi won't work.

Also I would really appreciate if you were able to contribute to the project. I'm using the latest VoodooPS2Controller from RehabMan, and the red nub only works half of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back