- May 22, 2011
- Lenovo m90q Tiny
- UHD 630
I would like to report that I was successfully able to install Mac OS Big Sur on my Alienware m17 R4 (latest model as of May 2021).
Intel Core i7-10870H
Nvidia RTX 3080 (disabled)
17,3" FHD (1920x1080) 144Hz
Wi-Fi 6 AX1650
SSD: 2x1TB Western Digital SN750 (Original were Hynix, I doubt they were compatible)
- Sound (AppleALC with layout-id 11)
- Intel UHD (IGPU). Advanced Nvidia Optimus but be enabled! Fn+F7 in Windows.
- Bluetooth (OpenIntelWireless / IntelBluetoothFirmware)
- Wifi (OpenIntelWireless / itlwm)
- Ethernet (out of the box)
- USB (Mapping was hard, see notes below)
- Keyboard (It uses USB instead of PS/2! Was hard to get working, see notes below)
- TrackPad (Gestures + Very Smooth with Voodoo2lc. Must disable Force click and haptic feedback in System Preferences) (Laggy if used with VoodooPS2Controller)
- Sleep (See below)
- Brightness (-igfxblr flag fixes very low brightness at boot. Fixes itself after 5 minutes otherwise)
- External monitor using Display Link USB adapter.
What doesn't work
- Thunderbolt 3 to Display Port but I believe it's wired to dGPU.
- Mini DP Port but I believe it's wired to dGPU.
- HDMI but I believe it's wired to dGPU
USB & Keyboard
The keyboard is wired by USB internally instead of using usual PS/2. At first, I couldn't get the keyboard to work at all. The reason was because Mac OS was not detecting the USB HS10 port which the keyboard is connected to. The only way I could get Mac OS to finally detect that missing port was with an SSDT RHUB Patch. I attached it to the thread. Once the port mapping is properly done, the SSDT can be removed.
The sleep didn't work perfectly out of the box. Nvidia dGPU must be properly disabled (-wegnoegpu). I also used the flag (igfxonln=1) to make sure the display would always turn back on.
By searching into my DSDT.aml, I found I had the mention of "Method (GPRW, 2". This mean I needed the path SSDT-GPRW.aml + ACPI patch to add in config.plist "GPRW to XPRW Patch".
Hi guys, can someone help me to install Big Sur or Monterey on Alienware m17r3 i7 10th gen ? I had try to do this with Opencore guide but no luck :(. I'm new with hackintoshing. Thanks.