Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internal devices should be marked UsbConnector=255.
Refer to the guide:
Thanks. I changed the relevant entries to 255 (HS06, SS06 & HS11) but my underlying problem is still there. It seems like the computer is missing something during the shutdown from MacOS.

Thanks. I changed the relevant entries to 255 (HS06, SS06 & HS11) but my underlying problem is still there. It seems like the computer is missing something during the shutdown from MacOS.

Any change requires new PR files... none attatched.

My desktop is running perfectly without patches and a custom USB SSDT. How can I make sure I don't need any rename patches? I was told to use IO registry but can't find the strings.

Which "rename patches" are you referring to?

XHCI, EHC1, and EHC2. I think I was told in another post that my motherboard doesn't have EHC hub so I don't need any patches.

The hardware in your profile has no EHCI controllers, therefore EHCx renames are not applicable.
USBInjectAll.kext will match against XHCI or XHC, so no rename needed if your xHCI ACPI name is one of those.

The hardware in your profile has no EHCI controllers, therefore EHCx renames are not applicable.
USBInjectAll.kext will match against XHCI or XHC, so no rename needed if your xHCI ACPI name is one of those.

Thanks, I used the information to update my guide.

This is certainly pushing the limits of my knowledge and ability, but here goes nothing:

This is what I have done so far. I'm not sure what to do next.
I don't see any active DSDT.aml or SSDT.aml files associated with this installation.

First I checked the bios on my GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 running OS 10.14.3. The only thing I could find was under >Peripherals>USB>XHCI handoff>enabled/disabled I didn't find any other choices.

Then I checked ACPI under Clover Configurator and changed it like this:

I see these kexts in >Library>Extensions:
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Some relevant shots of my config.plist:

And then some from IO registry:

And lastly, the >About this Mac>System Report (which shows some devices connected through the usb3 bus):

I don't see any active DSDT.aml or SSDT.aml files associated with this installation

What do I do next, please?

Last edited:
Hello
About SSDT-XOSI
Do I have to add all the windows version in origin DSDT to the SSDT-XOSI.aml? (as attached)

Attachments

• DuongDu2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan and thanks for your work so far!
Please clear me up, on a 8 Series mobos under Sierra it was enough to edit the DSDT to exclude the unused HS+SS ports to have the total number of 15 ports and rename the device to XHC. This way no kexts or patches were needed.
Could you clear me up how it is under Mojave 10.14.4 with 3xx Series mobo ?
Is the kext injector needed? What is the new UIAC device for? Isn't it enough to just delete the unused ports anymore in the XHC.RHUB?

Can you confirm that by doing this 3 steps in the DSDT USB2/3 will work without any kexts or patches:
device is named to XHC,
ports number is reduced to the total of 15 in the XHC.RHUB,
_DSM with the right device-id is injected to XHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back