Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are patches for MaciASL "Patch" window.
It is easier to do the EHCx->EH0x renames with config.plist.

ok. could you do a 'how to for dummies' like me to put it into config.plist please?

i've got a MSI Gaming 7 motherboard hack, it's pretty sweet.
it has 4 intel USB3 ports, 2 on back panel and 2 on PC case, the weird thing is only the 2 (plugin) usb3 on case work - nothing works from back of motherboard (except 2 usb2 for key/mouse),
i have a Dell monitor card reader plugged into back - and sometimes it works - but rarely.

ive done find/replace in msi7.aml for EHC1/EHC2 -> EH01/EH02 but that didnt solve it.
have tried all options in clover relating to USB,
ive tried without multibeast kexts and with various combinations of multibeast kexts
have tried running with DSDT and without,
made new DSDT just in case..

thanks bro!

so i fiddled with it some more, because it would be good for carbon copy backup.

i deleted all USB3 related kexts ; from Library/Extentions/ FakePCIID x2 and GenericUSBXHCI
also deleted GenericUSBXHCI from System/Library/Extensions strangly that kext was roughly double the size of the one of same name in /Lib/Extensions
that didnt fix it, but i noticed the working USB2/3 ports were using AppleUSBXHCIPCI driver (?).
anyway, i installed Inject all USB from multibeast and everything is working now.
so i guess the DSDT edit/patch worked :)

thanks very much for your help Rehabman and HighSierraWB

Attachments

• usb23.jpg
    usb23.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 111
I'm in the initial experimentation phase where multiple installs from slow USB 2.0 is a pain.

Is it possible to modify the UniBeast install so that I could boot (and install) from USB 3.0? Or at least modify it so that I could use USB 3.0 after Sierra's initial install from USB 2.0? I'm on a Kaby Lake board with Kaby Lake i7.

BTW - really appreciate all the work RehabMan puts into these tools and the forum. It would be impossible to accomplish much without him!!!

For your hardware: HCI-200-series-injector.kext + USBInjectAll.kext + port limit patch may help USB3 to work during install. But it may also be unreliable due to the fact that the port limit patch is not a good idea and should be used only for port discovery (it causes array bounds overwrite).

so i fiddled with it some more, because it would be good for carbon copy backup.

i deleted all USB3 related kexts ; from Library/Extentions/ FakePCIID x2 and GenericUSBXHCI
also deleted GenericUSBXHCI from System/Library/Extensions strangly that kext was roughly double the size of the one of same name in /Lib/Extensions
that didnt fix it, but i noticed the working USB2/3 ports were using AppleUSBXHCIPCI driver (?).
anyway, i installed Inject all USB from multibeast and everything is working now.
so i guess the DSDT edit/patch worked :)

thanks very much for your help Rehabman and HighSierraWB

If you have an issue, you must describe it clearly and provide "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

@RehabMan - Great work on this guide and the patches/ configs on Github! I greatly appreciate this guide (and Laptop FAQ) and all the help you have provided in this forum, I’m sure the other users do as well. I wound not consider myself a novice since this current build is my 6th build but this current one is the most ambitious.

I have the details below but at the core this seems like a 10.12.6 USB issue that is causing a wake/ reboot. The issue is sleep/ wake reboot (machine sleeps perfect) issue apparently caused by USB error as noted in the logs. Everything else on this build is nearly perfect. I have been working on this for over 3 weeks so there has been a lot of time looking for the right solution. I have only done GigaByte builds prior and never had a problem but these have been prior 10.12.x. This is my first ASRock board and it has not been a smooth one.

I have seen a few success postings with a ASROCK Ext4 Z270 boards but it has not been clear with most of these if sleep/ wake (not reboot) works or not. I have not found the same config as mine what is confirmed working on all fronts. Most guides using this board are very light on detail configs. The main differences that I see are are:
  • SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe (seems to work fine by using your guide and updated for 10.12.6 with your latest updates)
  • A legacy Broadcom based BCM20702A0 USB adaptor (not sure, but does not seem to be an issue to date). I did flag this Bluetooth port in my port map as a “3” and now “255” with no change.
  • EVGA GTX-1080 running NVIDIA drivers

I’m sure you will see that rest in the config so I won’t waste space listing out a lot of details but overall this config represents the closest I can find to what the model build should be. This build has rebooted on wake since the initial install until now. I had 3-4 non-reboots successes over the weekend with a darkwake=8 and then back to rebooting with this USB error consistently. BIOS settings seem to be standard for this series and 100 of boards. Also, Fakes and sensors all are the latest from your GitHub repo. (wondering about an edge case with a sensor)

Specific Problem:
Machine reboots after waking up from auto and manual sleep. A USB error message appears to be logged in the pmset log.
sudo pmset -g log|grep -i failure
-> Drivers Failure during wake due to 0x04000027 (current with this attached config package)

Prior with other settings (deep sleep in BIOS to S3 and S5, set to off):
2017-08-13 17:41:04 -0400 Failure
Notification Failure during wake due to 0x7340C0204000024:
2017-08-13 18:24:23 -0400 Failure
Notification Failure during wake due to 0x63404CC04000024:

I have attached your requested config package for review please let me know if you need any more info or anything else I can provide. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• FTG _WS4_config.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 65
@RehabMan - Great work on this guide and the patches/ configs on Github! I greatly appreciate this guide (and Laptop FAQ) and all the help you have provided in this forum, I’m sure the other users do as well. I wound not consider myself a novice since this current build is my 6th build but this current one is the most ambitious.

I have the details below but at the core this seems like a 10.12.6 USB issue that is causing a wake/ reboot. The issue is sleep/ wake reboot (machine sleeps perfect) issue apparently caused by USB error as noted in the logs. Everything else on this build is nearly perfect. I have been working on this for over 3 weeks so there has been a lot of time looking for the right solution. I have only done GigaByte builds prior and never had a problem but these have been prior 10.12.x. This is my first ASRock board and it has not been a smooth one.

I have seen a few success postings with a ASROCK Ext4 Z270 boards but it has not been clear with most of these if sleep/ wake (not reboot) works or not. I have not found the same config as mine what is confirmed working on all fronts. Most guides using this board are very light on detail configs. The main differences that I see are are:
  • SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe (seems to work fine by using your guide and updated for 10.12.6 with your latest updates)
  • A legacy Broadcom based BCM20702A0 USB adaptor (not sure, but does not seem to be an issue to date). I did flag this Bluetooth port in my port map as a “3” and now “255” with no change.
  • EVGA GTX-1080 running NVIDIA drivers

I’m sure you will see that rest in the config so I won’t waste space listing out a lot of details but overall this config represents the closest I can find to what the model build should be. This build has rebooted on wake since the initial install until now. I had 3-4 non-reboots successes over the weekend with a darkwake=8 and then back to rebooting with this USB error consistently. BIOS settings seem to be standard for this series and 100 of boards. Also, Fakes and sensors all are the latest from your GitHub repo. (wondering about an edge case with a sensor)

Specific Problem:
Machine reboots after waking up from auto and manual sleep. A USB error message appears to be logged in the pmset log.
sudo pmset -g log|grep -i failure
-> Drivers Failure during wake due to 0x04000027 (current with this attached config package)

Prior with other settings (deep sleep in BIOS to S3 and S5, set to off):
2017-08-13 17:41:04 -0400 Failure
Notification Failure during wake due to 0x7340C0204000024:
2017-08-13 18:24:23 -0400 Failure
Notification Failure during wake due to 0x63404CC04000024:

I have attached your requested config package for review please let me know if you need any more info or anything else I can provide. Thanks in advance for your help.

"Problem Reporting" files, if properly collected, should be much smaller than 18mb.
Also, this thread is not for sleep issues (this thread is USB).
Please open a separate thread in the appropriate forum.

@RehabMan - Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for long message and the bloated config file in the last message... there were a lot of unnecessary files I overlooked. I have attached much "thinner" config to this one.

To be more succinct on my USB ask... I'm getting what I believe is a USB error (and why I posted here) "Drivers Failure during wake due to 0x04000027" which is causing the reboot on wake. There is no issue with this machine sleeping. I was wondering if you can offer some guidance on this machines USB configuration that may be causing this error. I'm sure that I'm missing something simple as all key things appear to configured correctly. I'm happy to move this to a sleep channel but wanted to make sure the USB config is not the issue. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• FTG WS4_config.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
Hello! I'm having some problems with my USB devices, they randomly disconnect and reconnect (almost instantly). There isn't a specific time or action, but when it happens, all the USB devices disconnect and reconnect. I can see my keyboard led turning off and on, music stops when I'm using my usb DAC, mouse doesn't work, etc.
Other strange behavior that might help it's when I boot the system, just before the login page all the usb devices get disabled. The login page arrives and the system needs a few seconds to enable all the usb devices (3~5 seconds).

This is the build: i3-3240 | GA-H77N-WIFI | XFX R9 270x and I'm on OSX 10.12.6

I'm using DSDT patched with PJALM repositories.

I've attached all the required files (per post #1). Is someone having a similar issue? Any clues how to fix it?

Attachments

• USB-h77n-wifi.zip
    2 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back