Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
By testing all ports with both USB2 and USB3 devices while IORegistryExplorer is open, you can clearly see which ports were used and which were not.

Those patches are independent from the port limit patch. _OSI->XOSI matches up with SSDT-XOSI.am. And the EHCx->EH0x rename patches are needed (as per post #1) to disconnect from native port injectors provided by Apple and to match against the names expected by USBInjectAll.kext.

Thank you. I will try to figure out how to identify the ports.

Cheers

No. USInjectAll.kext uses port names like SSPx, SSxx, HPxx, PRxx, or HSxx.

As per USBInjectAll.kext README, you should find the appropriate template in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
No. USInjectAll.kext uses port names like SSPx, SSxx, HPxx, PRxx, or HSxx.

As per USBInjectAll.kext README, you should find the appropriate template in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

This is what I see when I plug in my usb 3.1 ports. Its not the same as the others where there is a SSPX or HPXX

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 3.28.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 3.28.27 PM.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
This is what I see when I plug in my usb 3.1 ports. Its not the same as the others where there is a SSPX or HPXX

That is a separate device, probably non-Intel, not covered by this guide. This guide covers only the EHCx/XHC controllers.

That is a separate device, probably non-Intel, not covered by this guide. This guide covers only the EHCx/XHC controllers.

Its a z97-a 3.1 mobo. Is there any way to get the 3.1 ports working? Or is there a way to use them only as 3.0 ports in a custom SSDT? Or is my best bet just to not use those ports and create a custom SSDT?

What is the difference between 8086:9xxx and 8086:9cb1 in the SSDT? Which would i list all of my ports under? I know i have a 9 series chipset since im using Z97-a 3.1, but not sure which to use.

Its a z97-a 3.1 mobo. Is there any way to get the 3.1 ports working? Or is there a way to use them only as 3.0 ports in a custom SSDT? Or is my best bet just to not use those ports and create a custom SSDT?

I have no hardware with USB 3.1, therefore no experience with it.
You could certainly use an injector kext to inject the ports and UsbConnector values.

What is the difference between 8086:9xxx and 8086:9cb1 in the SSDT? Which would i list all of my ports under? I know i have a 9 series chipset since im using Z97-a 3.1, but not sure which to use.

"8086_9cb1" has data for XCHI 8086:9cb1.
"8086_9xxx" has data for any 8086:9xxx XHCI.

You can find your device-id in ioreg (look at the properties of the XHC node).

I have no hardware with USB 3.1, therefore no experience with it.
You could certainly use an injector kext to inject the ports and UsbConnector values.

"8086_9cb1" has data for XCHI 8086:9cb1.
"8086_9xxx" has data for any 8086:9xxx XHCI.

You can find your device-id in ioreg (look at the properties of the XHC node).

mine shows 8086:8cb1 , but i have a 9 series chip? Is this correct?

So I would just delete "Hub1, Hub2, EM01, EM02, 8096:9xxx" and everything other than 8086:8xxx and then list my ports?

mine shows 8086:8cb1 , but i have a 9 series chip? Is this correct?

The device-id numbering has nothing to do with the chipset numbering.

So I would just delete "Hub1, Hub2, EM01, EM02, 8096:9xxx" and everything other than 8086:8xxx and then list my ports?

No such thing as EM01/EM02, but there is EH01, EH02. Also, no such thing as "Hub1", "Hub2", although there is "HUB1" and "HUB2".
Everything in this file is case sensitive, and exacting with regard to the names used.
Your configuration for XHC should be "8086_8cb1". You use the "8086_8xxx" data as a template.

Hi mate. Got a quick question is there a port limit with USB 3 Hubs? I'm looking at getting a 7 port hub just wondering if there's a limit on ports. It's a USB 3 powered hub you recommended that I get one a few weeks ago. I'm thinking of getting this one. Thanks. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VE4UJD4/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I don't know if there is a limit. I only have a 4-port hub.

Ill give it ago and report back. If the worst comes to worst i can always remove some ports from SSDT-USB i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back