Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The port limit patch is to be used only for determining the ports you need to put into the SSDT (or the -uia_exclude flags necessary).

Yes/-uia_exclude_hs is a kernel flag. Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments

i remove patch limit and include -uia_exclude_hs to the custom boot arguments, but im still getting the same disk speed and having issues with large file usb disk transfers, -error 36 "could not complete operation because some data could not be read or written"

i remove patch limit and include -uia_exclude_hs to the custom boot arguments, but im still getting the same disk speed and having issues with large file usb disk transfers, -error 36 "could not complete operation because some data could not be read or written"

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

But you changed things after that...
Must provide "Problem Reporting" files that represent what you're doing now, not what you were doing in the past.

ohh ok gotcha:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext tcpblocknke.kext

SATSMARTDriver.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67007 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA41 for kext SATSMARTDriver.kext

SATSMARTDriver.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64

KernelCache ID: E5BFE27FA1268AD4253DA20118B83B1A

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Attachments

• bryanimac.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
ohh ok gotcha:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext tcpblocknke.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67007 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA41 for kext SATSMARTDriver.kext

KernelCache ID: E5BFE27FA1268AD4253DA20118B83B1A

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

You have work to do regarding a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, but I don't see any issue regarding detecting USB3 devices as USB3.

This ioreg shows such a USB3 device plugged into SSP1. Looks like it is an HDD connected via USB3->SATA converter... Speed will be limited by the adapter and/or physical limitations of the HDD itself.

You have work to do regarding a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, but I don't see any issue regarding detecting USB3 devices as USB3.

This ioreg shows such a USB3 device plugged into SSP1. Looks like it is an HDD connected via USB3->SATA converter... Speed will be limited by the adapter and/or physical limitations of the HDD itself.

That HDD is connected to the front usb's which goes to the mobo to the USB port. Is that why it shows usb to sata? Speed is the same for the front and rear usbs.

What will customizing my SSDT do? Do you have any links on how I go about doing that?

That HDD is connected to the front usb's which goes to the mobo to the USB port. Is that why it shows usb to sata? Speed is the same for the front and rear usbs.

USB drives are typically using a USB->SATA adapter. So no surprise there. But it is detected as USB3.
I don't know why you expect different speed from an HDD depending on the port it is attached to.
Many HDDs don't saturate USB2...
If you want to benchmark USB3 controller speed, use SSD connected via USB.

What will customizing my SSDT do? Do you have any links on how I go about doing that?

You can eliminate ports you're not using. Read the Skylake Starter Guide writeup for more clues...

USB drives are typically using a USB->SATA adapter. So no surprise there. But it is detected as USB3.
I don't know why you expect different speed from an HDD depending on the port it is attached to.
Many HDDs don't saturate USB2...
If you want to benchmark USB3 controller speed, use SSD connected via USB.

You can eliminate ports you're not using. Read the Skylake Starter Guide writeup for more clues...

Ok will do.

I tried deleting fakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to see if i needed it, but when I deleted it, I rebooted and could not use bluetooth or wired keyborard/mouse. I had to boot USB and reinstall it to work again... Am I doing something wrong cause it didnt seem to do that before I installed it..

also when running through the skylake guide, I see that I dont have very many ports. He says if I dont see 26 enties then im doing something wrong. any idea why I dont see 26?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 6.46.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 6.46.49 PM.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 123
Ok will do.

I tried deleting fakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to see if i needed it, but when I deleted it, I rebooted and could not use bluetooth or wired keyborard/mouse. I had to boot USB and reinstall it to work again... Am I doing something wrong cause it didnt seem to do that before I installed it..

When you deleted FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext it turns the routing from XHCI to EHCI. But at the same time, you excluded HSxx ports on XHC, which means any USB2 device plugged in to a port on XHC won't work.

also when running through the skylake guide, I see that I dont have very many ports. He says if I dont see 26 enties then im doing something wrong. any idea why I dont see 26?

Your profile indicates 9-series, not Skylake. Each XHC controller has a different number of potential ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back