Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also since USB is broken my computer wont restart at all - not even with reset button or "Restart" in BIOS. The only way of switching it off is to power cycle it.
I assumed that installing Windows with USB drivers will fix the issue. Unfortunately i cannot even complete Windows installation - there's one USB port which is working in BIOS and worked through Windows installation but as soon as "full" Windows boots even this port switches off.
I noticed that changing "Fast boot" to off in BIOS causes all ports to work, instead of just one, at least in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots all of them switch off.
Ive already tried restoring BIOS to factory settings.

Also since USB is broken my computer wont restart at all - not even with reset button or "Restart" in BIOS. The only way of switching it off is to power cycle it.

Did you create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext such that only the active ports are injected and with the correct UsbConnector value, and therefore no port limit patch?

I assumed that installing Windows with USB drivers will fix the issue. Unfortunately i cannot even complete Windows installation - there's one USB port which is working in BIOS and worked through Windows installation but as soon as "full" Windows boots even this port switches off.

Off-topic. This site is not for Windows.

I noticed that changing "Fast boot" to off in BIOS causes all ports to work, instead of just one, at least in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots all of them switch off.
Ive already tried restoring BIOS to factory settings.

Fast boot is generally a bad idea with hackintosh.

Did you create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext such that only the active ports are injected and with the correct UsbConnector value, and therefore no port limit patch?
Off-topic. This site is not for Windows.
Fast boot is generally a bad idea with hackintosh.
Ad1. No, this happened when i was trying to map all the ports before creating custom SSDT, i had port limit on, Acpi patches and USBInjectAll. Computer was working fine with those settings for a couple of days (havent got time to finish mapping).
By accident i disconnected power when OSX was booting (i assume it was initializing USB at that time).
Ad2. Yes i know, but still the fact that now USB ports are not working in other OSes nor even BIOS may be relevant?

I remember i used to have similar issue with my old Z97 mobo (ports were behaving in same way, although BIOS or other OSes were not affected) when "USB Ownership" was disabled in Clover.
Is there any kind of memory (EFI?, ACPI?) which can store USB port status/settings between power cycles?
Im just hoping that someone had similar issue and managed to fix it without buying a new mobo.

[edit] Tried booting Ubuntu Live CD - just two ports working. Dmesg shows -110 error at initializing XHCI controller, googled it and "-110" means "not enough power available for device".
Also mobo ports are not physically domaged - i just plugged in PCIE USB controller powered by PATA power plug and it also switches off when Windows boots (cannot test it with OSX - it had never worked on that system)

Last edited:
Ad1. No, this happened when i was trying to map all the ports before creating custom SSDT, i had port limit on, Acpi patches and USBInjectAll. Computer was working fine with those settings for a couple of days (havent got time to finish mapping).
By accident i disconnected power when OSX was booting (i assume it was initializing USB at that time).
Ad2. Yes i know, but still the fact that now USB ports are not working in other OSes nor even BIOS may be relevant?

I remember i used to have similar issue with my old Z97 mobo (ports were behaving in same way, although BIOS or other OSes were not affected) when "USB Ownership" was disabled in Clover.
Is there any kind of memory (EFI?, ACPI?) which can store USB port status/settings between power cycles?
Im just hoping that someone had similar issue and managed to fix it without buying a new mobo.

[edit] Tried booting Ubuntu Live CD - just two ports working. Dmesg shows -110 error at initializing XHCI controller, googled it and "-110" means "not enough power available for device".
Also mobo ports are not physically domaged - i just plugged in PCIE USB controller powered by PATA power plug and it also switches off when Windows boots (cannot test it with OSX - it had never worked on that system)

Perhaps you should do an EC reset.

Keep in mind the port limit patch IS NOT for long term use. Use it only to determine the ports you need in the SSDT.

Hi Rehabman,

I have quite long journey following thread on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-with-the-azurewave-minipcie-aw-ce123h.164905 in order to make my bluetooth works again.

I have done clean install Sierra 10.12 and currently still stuck on the bluetooth part while previously its works on my Yosemite.
Wifi is detected, now I need to troubleshoot the bluetooth and apparently its lead to my USB not showing any bluetooth.

Basically I have ran out ideas on what should I do next, After following all the guides from you, honestly as a newbie I'm really overwhelmed with such fast of knowledge of yours.

I hope you can help me find something.

Code:
wsokc$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 6DBDC1ADF10DE1D8F3873D259B922FA3
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Please let me know if you need further information,

Cheers,

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IOreg-iMac.zip
    766 KB · Views: 81
Hello partners!

I've been reading about how to implement the usb, and did not know if I'm doing well. I have done the following:
- Renaming EHCx-> EH0x in DSDT
- Renaming Patch _OSI -> _XOSI clover
- Compiling SSDT-XOSI.dsl and add Clover / Acpi / patched
- Install FakePCIID_XHCIMux
- Install USBInjectAll.kext, and check connected ports
- Customize USBInjectAll.kext, eliminating ports I do not use, and correcting ports in use
- Customize SSDT-UIAC-ALL, eliminating the ports that I do not use, and correcting ports in use.
- Copy SSDT Clover / Acpi / patched
- Add SSDT to SortedOrde clover.

From what I see in my DSDT only connects the USB 3.0 ports on SSP5 and SSP6, so what is implemented, but in "About System" / usb does not show usb 3.0

Attachments

• FILES.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 92
Hi Rehabman,

I have quite long journey following thread on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-with-the-azurewave-minipcie-aw-ce123h.164905 in order to make my bluetooth works again.

I have done clean install Sierra 10.12 and currently still stuck on the bluetooth part while previously its works on my Yosemite.
Wifi is detected, now I need to troubleshoot the bluetooth and apparently its lead to my USB not showing any bluetooth.

Basically I have ran out ideas on what should I do next, After following all the guides from you, honestly as a newbie I'm really overwhelmed with such fast of knowledge of yours.

I hope you can help me find something.

Code:
wsokc$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 6DBDC1ADF10DE1D8F3873D259B922FA3
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Please let me know if you need further information,

Cheers,

Read post #1.

Hello partners!

I've been reading about how to implement the usb, and did not know if I'm doing well. I have done the following:
- Renaming EHCx-> EH0x in DSDT
- Renaming Patch _OSI -> _XOSI clover
- Compiling SSDT-XOSI.dsl and add Clover / Acpi / patched
- Install FakePCIID_XHCIMux
- Install USBInjectAll.kext, and check connected ports
- Customize USBInjectAll.kext, eliminating ports I do not use, and correcting ports in use
- Customize SSDT-UIAC-ALL, eliminating the ports that I do not use, and correcting ports in use.
- Copy SSDT Clover / Acpi / patched
- Add SSDT to SortedOrde clover.

From what I see in my DSDT only connects the USB 3.0 ports on SSP5 and SSP6, so what is implemented, but in "About System" / usb does not show usb 3.0

No need to customize USBInjectAll.kext itself. All such customization is done with ACPI.

The customization that you did is wrong. Use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template... If you need help, you would need to provide ioreg where no customization is done (and all USB ports have been tested and are showing in ioreg).

Read post #1.
Thanks!
Specific Recommendations (7-series, 8-series, 9-series, X99)
- Install USBInjectAll.kext : Done
- BIOS options : XHCI "auto" or "smart auto : Done
- Do the EHCx->EH0x rename. It is a no-brainer first step. (already failed this steps). : Not Done
- - Should I copy the values from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist ?
- - Because the clover configurator said hex, just want to make sure.
- - Or I just add those directly to config.plist ?
Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X09TSQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WE9TSQ==</data>
                </dict>
- install FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext : Done
- For many boards, assuming _UPC is correct on XHC, that will have everything working.
- - How do I check this ?
- - This is where I stop.

Cheers

Thanks!
Specific Recommendations (7-series, 8-series, 9-series, X99)
- Install USBInjectAll.kext : Done
- BIOS options : XHCI "auto" or "smart auto : Done
- Do the EHCx->EH0x rename. It is a no-brainer first step. (already failed this steps). : Not Done
- - Should I copy the values from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist ?
- - Because the clover configurator said hex, just want to make sure.
- - Or I just add those directly to config.plist ?
Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X09TSQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WE9TSQ==</data>
                </dict>
- install FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext : Done
- For many boards, assuming _UPC is correct on XHC, that will have everything working.
- - How do I check this ?
- - This is where I stop.

Cheers

As per guide, always use a plist editor to edit your config.plist. You can use copy/paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back