Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any advice Rehabman?

Use ioreg and a USB 3 Hub to verify which ports you actually need. Use SSDT-UIAC as a template once doing that you can put SSDT-UIAC in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Leaving USBinjectall in L/E.

Do you have any advice Rehabman?

USBInjectAll.kext port injection can be customized with an SSDT. Use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template for your own custom SSDT.

Hi!
Thanks to USBInjectAll.kext I was able to get my internal webcam working. I already read the whole guide and the README of USBInjectAll.kext but as I'm relatively new to this topic I still don't know what exactly I have to write into SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as USBInjectAll.kext is not intended to be used permanently.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 87
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    531.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Terminal Output.zip
    945 bytes · Views: 68
Hi!
Thanks to USBInjectAll.kext I was able to get my internal webcam working. I already read the whole guide and the README of USBInjectAll.kext but as I'm relatively new to this topic I still don't know what exactly I have to write into SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as USBInjectAll.kext is not intended to be used permanently.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nothing wrong with using USBInjectAll.kext permanently. In fact, a custom SSDT to configure it does nothing without it.

Use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template. Read the write up in the Skylake Starter guide for more information on how to test your ports and edit the file.

You will also see the SSDTs if you extract with 'patchmatic -extract'.

Hi Rehabman. Im a bit curious of something. You helped me with the SSDT for my USB. How ever after doing that do i still need USBInjectall in L/E? reason why I'm asking i came across a post yesterday that someone was saying to remove it after customising the SSDT for Ports. Now is this correct? Made me kinda confused because you didn't mention about it before and i can't seem to find it in this guide neither.

Thanks.

Jack.

Hi Rehabman. Im a bit curious of something. You helped me with the SSDT for my USB. How ever after doing that do i still need USBInjectall in L/E? reason why I'm asking i came across a post yesterday that someone was saying to remove it after customising the SSDT for Ports. Now is this correct? Made me kinda confused because you didn't mention about it before and i can't seem to find it in this guide neither.

Thanks.

Jack.
USBInjectAll.kext primarily injects all ports, but with an SSDT, you can tell it to only inject specific ports that you need/use. The other workaround is to create a plist-only kext than injects your USB ports and thus you won't need USBInjectAll.kext, but it would be SMBios dependent, that's the main reason we prefer to use USBInjectAll.kext, it does the same thing, but a bit more flexible and customizable...

Hi Rehabman. Im a bit curious of something. You helped me with the SSDT for my USB. How ever after doing that do i still need USBInjectall in L/E?

Yes. The SSDT is configuration data for USBInjectAll.kext. Without USBInjectAll.kext the SSDT has no effect.

Yes. The SSDT is configuration data for USBInjectAll.kext. Without USBInjectAll.kext the SSDT has no effect.

Oh so I still need it then. Wonder why people are saying to removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back